Amazing Craigslist Find.

Adubree86

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I moved to Indy from KC. While in KC I was always on the hunt for a craigslist deal. I came across a few over my 7 yrs there. There always seemed to be a ton of BBQ gear on craigslist in KC. Well after moving to Indy I realize how little there was for BBQ gear. Finding out Indy is a BBQ deadman land. But I stumbled on this beauty today. A Weber Summit in very good condition. Picked it up for $500 and a plate of the pork belly burnt ends I happened to be cooking today. After loading her up we talked BBQ for about an hour. He wasn't a brethren but was pationate about BBQ. To make my night even better he said he absolutely loved my burnt ends.

Now for the pics.

Wow, you definitely scored. Those grates alone cost $200+ from Weber. Give both the top and bottom of the bottom panel of the cart a good inspection for any kind of rust. It looks pretty good from the pics, but you want to be proactive and nip it in the bud. The cart's tendency to rust is really the only weak point on that generation of Summits.

Also, if those pics are from your house and you are keeping it on concrete, I'd suggest getting a grill mat for it. For whatever reason, grills on concrete tend to rust more from what I have seen.

My first words for the pics -
'WOW' jumped out of my mouth. Nice and clean.
PLUS it looks like YOU GOT THE ROTISSERIE which costs $129.

This is the Holy Grail of gas grills!

Ya it's in incredible shape. The gentleman that had it before me took very good care of it. These is zero rust of the cabinet. The interior is great. Overall I'm shocked I got a deal like this.

It also came with the handle lights he took off, an extra rotis motor, propane tank, and cover.

Last edited:
Grilled on it last night. Got a good sear on the steak. I think I'm going to buy the drop in griddle for it.

Back