My first comp turn ins

Kirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Here's our 3rd place pork and chicken and 2nd place ribs. Looking forward to our next outing.

Moderators Note and warning.
I edited the text from this post that was causing too much concern to remain.
Hate to do that, but the discussion of symbols needs to be moved to other sections or other Forums and will not continue here.
TIM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. The chicken was too dark. It was coming along nicely, with beautiful color until I was distracted for a few moments and well... Fortunately it wasn't burnt at all, just too dark. There's room for improvement on the pork too, but I hope we can do ribs this good next time it counts. They look a little dry in the pic but they weren't at all. They were some of the best I've ever done.

Looks great, Kirk! Just remember... farkin fill those boxes with meat! If you see as much or more lettuce or parsley as you do meat, there's not enough! My wife spends close to two hours building the boxes just so I can hide 95% of the greenery with meat! Judges love that! Where's the brisket turn-in?

Thanks again guys. Jeff there was no brisket category at this comp. It was a fairly small local deal that took KCBS rules as a guideline, but they kind of did their own thing. One of their rules was that there had to be 3 seperate portions in the box (only 3 judges: one guy who's an exec chef at a high profile restaurant, one who wrote a book on BBQ, and one who has a company that makes wing sauces). The box looked good to me when I fixed it up but you're right, when I looked at the pic later I thought there was too much leaf showing.

Back