• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber "Redhead" Appreciation Thread...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have not seen this before, and hope this isn't a duplicate thread, but I would like to see who else is a Weber Redhead enthusiast like I am.

Here is a shot of mine. It is a 1995 model, that I got new, as a birthday present. It is a Master's Touch, but the ash catcher fell off, and I put it in the garage or attic somewhere in my last house, then moved, and I have no idea where it is, and I can't find a replacement.

But, The thermometer is the original, as is everything else, except the cooking grates, of course. The charcoal grate actually is original, although I don't know how it has survived all the cooking I have done on this thing. Yes, those are the original wood handles -- which I have had to glue back together, and and stain multiple times.

picture.php

So, I showed you mine, now show me yours. :becky:

CD

braggert ! and just to tick you off yer onetouch handle is intalled incorrectly ! so there ! ok ok, if i had yers i would be braggin also.

Here is a picture of ours. Pre 1979 No Date Code CL find in TOUGH shape for $15. Lots of elbow grease and restoring later and she looks like this. First pic is her first cook after the restore, second pic is with the Weber Rot installed. She has become my "goto" grill for Rot cooking, and she does a great job at it!

Thanks, CD for this thread......we needed one like it! :clap2:

Weber-Redhead-Finished3Sm.jpg

ChickenontheRot1.jpg

I Love Readhead threads!

Here are some I actually use!

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

100_2305.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

Gone but not forgotten!

Weber 1000 Redhead

100_1722.jpg

Rare Weber Junior

100_1711.jpg

Rehabs!

IMG_0223.jpg

100_1460.jpg

Not Webers- but hey! I got a thing for Redheads!

IMG_0496.jpg

100_2565.jpg

Can we spare a little love for the Maroons??

IMG_0216.jpg

I could use a 26.75" Red Kettle!

Thank you swamprb for illustrating the difference between fan and fanatic :becky:

That is a sweet collection though. I see more blues than reds around here and would kill for a red performer.

Sorry

I am from Alabama, but I am an Auburn Fan. No can do supporting red. However, I do love Weber products.

Thank you swamprb for illustrating the difference between fan and fanatic :becky:

That is a sweet collection though. I see more blues than reds around here and would kill for a red performer.

Thanks! (I think?)

Just spreading the LOVE!

I must say' swamp, I am slightly envious of your collection! My redhead is at my dads house and I am trying to pick up a redhead gasser off of cl but the guy hasnt returned my call. Red is hard to come by here which is surprising because Tech colors are Red and Black!

Kills me...My neighbor (older lady) has a redhead that has been sitting under a big tree in her back yard for the past 6 years..She never uses it, but refuses to sell it to me. I keep checking in on the redhead and the wooden handles are starting to rot.:tsk: Think my neighbor would mind if I snuck into her yard and put some teak oil on the handles???

Kills me...My neighbor (older lady) has a redhead that has been sitting under a big tree in her back yard for the past 6 years..She never uses it, but refuses to sell it to me. I keep checking in on the redhead and the wooden handles are starting to rot.:tsk: Think my neighbor would mind if I snuck into her yard and put some teak oil on the handles???

That's Phunny right there!:thumb:

That is something I would do. Really, I would. :laugh:

CD

Back