More Baby Backs... Pron

DetTigersFan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just put 2 racks on about 30 minutes ago...
Running on the WSM with hickory and cherry at about 270*.
Really nice fall day here in Michigan.

One pic outside...

IMG_0388.jpg

One pic inside w/ the flash...

IMG_0389.jpg

1.5 hours in... Light spray of apple juice and water...

IMG_0391.jpg

About 3.5 hours in... Rack on the left is finished, right side needs maybe another half hour.

IMG_0396.jpg

Bone shot...

IMG_0392.jpg

Now for the sliced pics...

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

Last edited:
Aww man, now I want BB ribs. Everyone has their own preference, but mine are BB's! Looking forward to the end result so I can drool and wish I was home to cook some for myself!

very nice start. looking forward to the finish.
Yeah me too lol

Think I need to do some SLC's soon. Haven't had pork ribs in a while.
Yeah I love St Louis cut spares as well...

Nice ,Im sure it's gonna be a good cook for u.
Do u normally use kingsford briquet's ?
Well I used to use KBB, but I was getting frustrated with all the ash and temp fluctuation it was causing so I bought a 2 pack of Kingsford Comp about 2 months ago and haven't used anything else since. I really like it. Way less ash production than the blue bag and I never have to chum the coals in my WSM anymore. Great consistent burn and temperature.

Aww man, now I want BB ribs. Everyone has their own preference, but mine are BB's! Looking forward to the end result so I can drool and wish I was home to cook some for myself!
Yeah I really like pork ribs... I like St Louis cut spares a little more, but baby backs are great too.

It's very simple to cut spare ribs down to St. Louis cuts, then cut up all the trimmings for knuckles. You'll get a cheaper per pound price that way and nothing goes to waste.

It's very simple to cut spare ribs down to St. Louis cuts, then cut up all the trimmings for knuckles. You'll get a cheaper per pound price that way and nothing goes to waste.

Yeah there's nothin to it, but most places around here sell them already cut down so I'm alright with that too...

Nice backs brother. The K - comp worked well when I tried it just didn't last as long per load as the blue.

Thanks boss. I really don't think I'm getting any less of a burn with the Comp. With the Blue I was having to chum my coals to keep my 290-300* temp and that was causing them to light up faster and burn quicker. With the Comp it just burns nice and even with no poking/stirring/chumming needed.

These came out awesome man! I have the same issue with KBB way too much ash and after about 2 hours the temp spikes and I have to baby sit until it settles again and long cooks you have to mess with the fire.

I will be buying Stubbs again soon.

These came out awesome man! I have the same issue with KBB way too much ash and after about 2 hours the temp spikes and I have to baby sit until it settles again and long cooks you have to mess with the fire.

I will be buying Stubbs again soon.

Yeah that's why I switched to Kingsford Comp... So much ash with the blue bag it was driving me crazy trying to maintain 290-300*. It would be fine initially, but as the ash built up it would drop quickly then I'd hafta dig around in there to get it back up.

Back