• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How much per pound is a case of pork butt these days?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It's been a while since I shopped at Sam's Club. Anyone have the latest case pricing? Last I saw it, it was around $2.06/lb. But I've seen individual pork butt prices at Walmart dropping as of late ($2.38/lb--was $2.58).. so I am wondering if Sam's club is less expensive now. Been a while since I've barbecued something.

Jennifer

I bought some last week and the individual price at the Sam's here was $2.49/lb and the case price was either $2.29 or $2.39. I don't remember specifically.

Last week I paid $1.97LB for the 2 that I bought. Never bought a case before. Glad to see you pop in every now and then.

Last Friday i bought a case of pork butts for $1.99/lb from Sam's (non case price was $2.69/lb). I called Restaurant Depot and they are selling a case of pork butts for $1.69/lb now. I am going to pick up about 100lbs from them this Thursday.

I think RD here was down to 1.7X something here case price. maybe even lower. was suprised

RD in Indianapolis had butts last Friday for $1.85/lb case price.
I was in Sam's too that day and if I recall, they were around $2.50/lb.

It's over $2/lb here, but I won't pay it.

So, I have to wait for the Harris Teeter to come up with one of their mega deals. The last two were 1.29lb and BOGO that worked out to 1.49/lb. Anything over 1.69/lb and I'll do without no problem.

I'm sorry but I have a question.

What does it matter what everyone around the different states are paying for their pork butts??

I would do my checking local, since The only thing that matters is what you have to pay in your area not somewhere 2-3 or more states away.

Sorry I don't understand the logic. It's not like you can pick and choose the price you like the best.

JMHO-YMMV

Thanks for all the replies--really appreciate it.

What does it matter what everyone around the different states are paying for their pork butts??

I would do my checking local, since The only thing that matters is what you have to pay in your area not somewhere 2-3 or more states away.

Sorry I don't understand the logic. It's not like you can pick and choose the price you like the best.

JMHO-YMMV

OSD, in the past I have observed that Sam's club pricing is pretty much the same across the country (and as evidenced from the replies in this thread), that's why I asked. I am also glad that so many have mentioned that RD has them for around $1.70 a pound.. now I'll check to see if there is an RD in Tulsa. Overall I think this thread has been valuable.. at least to me.

JMHO-YMMV

I think it is better to have one thread with several states so everyone can read the one thread rather than several different threads for individual states and maybe not getting a price for your state. I look just to see the current prices if I haven't bought one in a while. Someone might find a store that has them cheaper than what you are currently paying. More info is always better than less. My .02

Back