Where do you buy your spices?

Smoked Nachos?

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was wondering where most of you get your spices from to make your own rubs? I'm looking for good quality that I can buy in the larger quantities (shaker size, not the small 2oz jars).

Any suggestions for suppliers?

Many towns and cities will have a small retailer that sells spices, coffees and the like. Have you asked around locally? If not, if you Google it, you'll find hundreds of sites that sell fresh spices in bulk. I use a local merchant so I can't give you a specific site though...

The Spice Place has always done well for us.

LINK

They carry a large variety of spices and their prices have always been very reasonable.

We have a local spice shop that has a great selection, so I go there, but I have also ordered from Penzey's.

Amazon got alot of spice in bulk and even set you up for scheduled delivers which make it nice.

My life hasn't been the same since we discovered Penzey's 5 or 6 years ago. Nearly everything in our spice cabinet is from them.

Sounds like online ordering from Penzey's in particular is a forum favorite.

Now I just need to find some of those big, plastic shakers to store everything in.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

If I was doing bulk, I would probably use Penzeys. Although we have a place called Santos Spice Company here in San Leandro, that does a lot of commercial spice sales.

It depends, If I need something quick I jut swing by the grocery store. If I want larger sizes I'll go to Penzeys, Sam's or gfs.

I get mine at the local farmer's market. Best prices by far in the metro-Atlanta area.

Back