Discussion Thread -> "2015 Memorial Day Open" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"2015 Memorial Day Open!"

1296303_thirdeye_1.jpg

This is Thirdeye's winning entry in the 2010 "Memorial Day Open TD!"

As chosen by Will work for BBQ for winning the "I've Never Cooked That!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING:

Will work for bbq said:
How about since I'm camping for the holiday and most people cook out for the holiday we have a Memorial Day free for all! Anything goes, open category!

Sounds good to me! Let's roll! :thumb:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/22 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/1/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/1/15.

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited:
I haven't done a TD in a bit and figured with this being an open category there's no excuse.

Finished up our job early and decided to throw on a couple racks. Took advantage of a holiday sale, st louis cut spares for $1.99/

Just a relaxing evening outside tending the stick burner and listening to some blues.

A mid cook photo op

Ribs were done in four hours, not a bad opening salvo to the warm season.

entry photo

Last edited:
Mt first throwdown entry...please be gentle!

Grilled prawns with roasted garlic and cilantro sauce, grilled portabellas with blue cheese and grilled corn on the cob.

Entry photo:

stellar looking entry:clap2:

Yep! You're good to go*! :thumb:

* As long as your entry was cooked between 5/22/15 and 6/1/15

Back