Cooker Specific ThrowDowns?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Has there ever been a specific cooker throw down?
Like Weber Kettle ThrowDown? The PBC ThrowDown? The Over n Under Throwdown?

Wasn't there a drum one? Or something like that.

Dude, if ya win one you can pick the next category. Get cookin:becky:

In case anyone's wondering why we didn't do a throwdown dedicated to a specific brand of cooker, it was so it would be as inclusive as possible. For example, while there's quite a few BGE owners on this forum, there are also lots of folks who cook on Kamado Joes, vintage kamados, Vision Kamados etc., and I didn't want to leave them out by limiting it to one brand.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a PBC throwdown at some point, provided we include similar type cookers.

In case anyone's wondering why we didn't do a throwdown dedicated to a specific brand of cooker, it was so it would be as inclusive as possible. For example, while there's quite a few BGE owners on this forum, there are also lots of folks who cook on Kamado Joes, vintage kamados, Vision Kamados etc., and I didn't want to leave them out by limiting it to one brand.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a PBC throwdown at some point, provided we include similar type cookers.

The PBC- it's come a long way.

That's Right! The Mighty WSM beat those flowerpot cookers...Last time.

hx44uc.jpg

The Electric Throwdown. :heh:

We actually did have something to that effect: The first ever(and probably last) BBQ Brethren Crockpot Throwdown:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187599

Only Bigabyte would have come up with this, and now it has been immortalized in his signature for all eternity, God rest his soul:

Asshattatron Farkanaut, CGCFO
Chief Galactic Crockpot Foil Officer
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

I liked that movie when I was 7, but the first one was better...

electricboogaloo.jpg

If you liked that one, You'll Love this one. Please check your Man card at the door:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1UWSD-FaA"]Olivia Newton John & ELO - Xanadu - YouTube[/ame]

in case anyone's wondering why we didn't do a throwdown dedicated to a specific brand of cooker, it was so it would be as inclusive as possible. For example, while there's quite a few bge owners on this forum, there are also lots of folks who cook on kamado joes, vintage kamados, vision kamados etc., and i didn't want to leave them out by limiting it to one brand.

that said, i wouldn't be opposed to a pbc throwdown at some point, provided we include similar type cookers.
You mean a UDS throwdown?

Last edited:
Yup Calling All Masterbuilts, Cajun Injectors, Bradley's, SmokinIts, CookShacks, etc..etc.. .
Pellet Pooper need not Apply - they are their own Category.

Yup Calling All Masterbuilts, Cajun Injectors, Bradley's, SmokinIts, CookShacks, etc..etc.. .
Pellet Pooper need not Apply - they are their own Category.
Enter and win, then call it for the next one. That is part of the joy in winning...picking the next category!

A very proud moment for me to win that one.:shocked:

We actually did have something to that effect: The first ever(and probably last) BBQ Brethren Crockpot Throwdown:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187599

Only Bigabyte would have come up with this, and now it has been immortalized in his signature for all eternity, God rest his soul:

Asshattatron Farkanaut, CGCFO
Chief Galactic Crockpot Foil Officer
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Back