Discussion Thread -> "One Pot Wonder" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
[FONT=&quot]Our new TD category is...

[FONT=&quot]One Pot Wonder[FONT=&quot]!

[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
cowboy-cauldron_zpsb9b9ebb3.jpg

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

CharredApron said:
I think it's time for a One Pot Wonder Throwdown! Anything goes as long as the final ingredients are all combined in a single pot, dutch oven or the likes prior to serving.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/14 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 11/24/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 11/24.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Good catch, Ninja! All taken care of...

Yea I would have reported but round here they put snitches in ditches. While I'm here I guess I'll make something for this throwdown, I don't think I've entered one since "ribs".

Last edited:
Ruling please.

I think it's time for a One Pot Wonder Throwdown! Anything goes as long as the final ingredients are all combined in a single pot, dutch oven or the likes prior to serving.

So is it legal to cook all the ingredients on the grill and then combine them in a pot for submission or does some of the cooking have to occur in the pot?

-NCGrimbo

So is it legal to cook all the ingredients on the grill and then combine them in a pot for submission or does some of the cooking have to occur in the pot?

-NCGrimbo
"as long as the final ingredients are all combined in a single pot, dutch oven or the likes prior to serving."
Interesting. It does say "combined", not "cooked".

"as long as the final ingredients are all combined in a single pot, dutch oven or the likes prior to serving."
Interesting. It does say "combined", not "cooked".

great...now some whackadoodle is gonna stick a cheeseburger in a dutchie and call it an entry :tsk:

great...now some whackadoodle is gonna stick a cheeseburger in a dutchie and call it an entry :tsk:
That possibility is covered.
12. If you have ANY problems with ANY of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for ANY reason, please use the VOTE thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. DO NOT post any complaints in the Throwdown threads about any entry. DO NOT complain about those entries to the moderator (me). DO NOT complain to the person who made the entry via PM or any other means, as this could be construed as a personal attack which is against forum rules. Any complaints or attacks posted in any Throwdown thread will be deleted, or worse.

Well folks, that's a wrap! Our first ever TD with only one entry. :shock:

Last edited:
I can't beleive we scared every body off :shock:

Is this some kind of special victory? :icon_blush:

It was fun and we had a great time - Thanks

Is this some kind of special victory? :icon_blush:

It was fun and we had a great time - Thanks

Yes, it is!

You are the winner of the first ever single entry TD. I'd say that's worth adding to your signature! :thumb:

Crap, I could have entered this one! If only I had returned earlier. This would have counted, right? Anyway, congrats Smoke Dawg. That did look mighty delicious.

20141026_130954.jpg

Back