Discussion Thread -> "With a Bone" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"With a Bone"

5312014BIGMEAT2_zpsd8b533bc.jpg

As chosen by Smoke Dawg for narrowly winning the "One Pot Wonder" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Smoke Dawg said:
BONE!
Cook what you want but the main item must have a bone that is or was part of the item when it was alive. :thumb:
Sounds simple enough to me!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/5 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 12/15/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 12/15.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
It has to have had a bone in it...so that make a frog legal, right?

Smoke Dawg also seems to be suggesting there can only be one bone. That would exclude things like chicken breasts, for example...

Nothing is ever simple

Smoke Dawg also seems to be suggesting there can only be one bone. That would exclude things like chicken breasts, for example...

Multiple bones are allowed and in fact could be encouraged!

Wait...sausages don't have bones. This is getting complicated! :wink:

I almost Titled this TD "It Came With a Bone". :twisted:

Good thing I didn't do that...

Ok, i am confused (not a first for me) " must have a bone that is or was part of the item when it was alive." Am I supposed to bone this thing alive? Sounds a wee bit kinky, as I am a necrophyliac, meaning I like pork necks and there are a lot of bones in a pork neck.

Not sure how you would bone a live pork neck with that thing biting you :shock:

Wait...sausages don't have bones. This is getting complicated! :wink:
You mean you don't know how sausages are made? I've bitten on pieces of bone before. Those grinders are quite powerful.

You mean you don't know how sausages are made? I've bitten on pieces of bone before. Those grinders are quite powerful.
I suppose I don't. I have never bitten a piece of bone in sausages to my knowledge.

I sure hope the special blue spice is allowed so my bone in will go in...so as to stimulate a worthy entry.

Back