• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

FYI Barnesville, GA BBQ & Blues April 25 & 26 2008

blues brother

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The 4th annual BBQ & BLUES currently has 53 teams registered. The Event committee is still accepting applications and putting them on a waiting list. If you want to compete, my advice is to send your app and money. If we can fit you in we will. We have limited space because we use part of our downtown and can only fit in so many teams.
You can contact Amanda at the Chamber of Commerce 770-358-5884 with any questions. All registered teams should have gotten a confirmation packet by now.

Thanks to all that are coming!

The 4th annual BBQ & BLUES currently has 53 teams registered. The Event committee is still accepting applications and putting them on a waiting list. If you want to compete, my advice is to send your app and money. If we can fit you in we will. We have limited space because we use part of our downtown and can only fit in so many teams.
You can contact Amanda at the Chamber of Commerce 770-358-5884 with any questions. All registered teams should have gotten a confirmation packet by now.

Thanks to all that are coming!

Hey Mike,

TJ said they were taking 60 teams, has this changed? Look forward to seeing you there..

I hope so, talked to Amanda today she said go ahead and send it in. Can leave trailer at home if needed.

Foy (Barbeque Crew)

I talked to Amanda this AM and she said to not bother, that she didnt see them letting in any more teams because of the judges needed.

I would like to do this event for the triple crown thing and I certainly dont need that much space...I would be happy with a 10 x 10 EZ up and room for a WSM and a BWS...

Kevin,
We are shooting for 60. Folks like you, Dan and Rub with your extra large cooking rigs cause layout problems( my motor-home doesn't count Haha). We have a meeting tonight and will work on the logistics of cook team sites.
60 is our goal.
I know TJ said he was going to make phone calls to the registered teams to find out their specific needs size wise. Once this is done we will know how many more teams we can squeeze in.
In a perfect world the teams would arrive in order and we could pack them in tight and easily fit 60 teams in.
We will do our best to get 60 teams in.

update on teams registered:
I was incorrect yesterday...54 teams registered. 5 on a waiting list.
Several of the committee members and myself walked the site and looked at several possibilities to accommodate the entire 60 teams. we basically have two choices:
1) limit cooking sites to a 20X20 max size and be able to have 60 plus teams
---or---​
2) first come first serve and do our best to fit in as many teams as possible and give you the size site you need for your equipment.
With all of that said, it is too late this year to change to #1. We will do everything possible to accommodate as many team as we can. We would appreciate your constructive criticism and advice after the event.

I will try to get a "customer satisfaction survey" in the cook team goodie bags as well.

Mike

Kevin,
We are shooting for 60. Folks like you, Dan and Rub with your extra large cooking rigs cause layout problems( my motor-home doesn't count Haha).

Hey now, I've got a 16' long trailer with about 5.5' of tongue which can hang over a curb somewhere. I'm over by a foot and a half max. The other 2 in that sentence take up 2 full sites at least! I'll be there by midnight Thursday night, plug me in somewhere!

TJ will be calling all registered teams to get last minute details. Call me on my cell when you are about an hour out and I'll make sure you get plugged in.

update on teams registered:
I was incorrect yesterday...54 teams registered. 5 on a waiting list.
Several of the committee members and myself walked the site and looked at several possibilities to accommodate the entire 60 teams. we basically have two choices:
1) limit cooking sites to a 20X20 max size and be able to have 60 plus teams

---or---​

2) first come first serve and do our best to fit in as many teams as possible and give you the size site you need for your equipment.
With all of that said, it is too late this year to change to #1. We will do everything possible to accommodate as many team as we can. We would appreciate your constructive criticism and advice after the event.

I will try to get a "customer satisfaction survey" in the cook team goodie bags as well.

Mike

54 teams is fine Mike, thats a lot of teams... I was just referring to what TJ mentioned at Thomaston.. I know Barnesville wants to accomadate as many teams as possible, but you can only do what you can with the space you have... This is always a great event, we are really looking forward to it... It's amazing how this event has grown..

Yes, I take 20x40 site, but there are some others that are much bigger than me. #2 is always going to be your best bet, teams are getting bigger not smaller...

I take a large site as well. It is just one of those things that I hope the teams that don't get in understand.

Tim, Both threads are related. the two competitions are only 12 miles apart.

Back