N Texas Brethren Bash Fall 2016 Planning

With 32 Days Until the N Texas Brethren Bash Fall of 2016
do you think we should start a post in the main discussion area forum?
Just thinking it may catch the eye of a few more Brethren. We would need to post on it often as to keep it up on the first page. Post about what we may be cooking? I sure would like to see a lot of the Brethren at the Bash.

Paul what temp are you thinking of running your Shirley main chamber?
Thinking of things I may want to borrow some space for. Like a nice home made chipotle chorizo meatloaf. :mrgreen:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228753

Probably run 300 all day unless someone needs less/more heat. We ran a little lower last year as we weren't really paying attention to the fire.

Probably run 300 all day unless someone needs less/more heat. We ran a little lower last year as we weren't really paying attention to the fire.

Thanks, 300 will work. Just throw it on early. :mrgreen:

Well that seals it, I'm going to call dibs on some Shirley space. 300F is my jam.

I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to make.

We are back from our trip to the land of fruits and nuts. Better known as La La Land. Mickey did relieve my wallet of a few dollars, but that is to be expected. We had a great time taking the grand kids. Now on to more fun at the Bash.

According to the ole clock on the wall, we have about

:mod: 24 Days till the N Texas Brethren Bash Fall 2016 :mod:

I plan to start working on my cooks this week. And doing a test run this weekend. Hopefully giving me time to make changes, if needed.

If you have not signed up to attend, please do so on the sign up link in my signature line. We would like to have an idea of how may are attending to just hang out and eat some great grub and also if you cooking, do you need anything to make it happen.
Any questions just let us know. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Hotch

Bad news/good news.

Bad news: Had a cystoscope today and a small tumor was found so will have surgery next week to remove it.

Good news: This will probably delay some treatment that was scheduled the week of the Bash so hopefully can come hang out with all y'all.

There ain't no better therapy than to go to a Brethren Bash!

Good news/bad news.

Surgery went very well and treatment isn't getting delayed so will have to miss this Bash. If I can stay on track with my treatment regimen will be getting treated again in February and August next year. So should not have this particular problem again.

Hopefully somebody can step up and have a shot of Cabo for me.

Great news on your health. I'llI get smitty to drink your share.

Thanks for sharing the good news. You just get better my friend. :mrgreen:

Good news/bad news.

Surgery went very well and treatment isn't getting delayed so will have to miss this Bash. If I can stay on track with my treatment regimen will be getting treated again in February and August next year. So should not have this particular problem again.

Hopefully somebody can step up and have a shot of Cabo for me.

I have to drive, but I am sure I can manage a shot.

P.S. I have about 3/4 of the bottle left from the Spring, so I think we are set for the Cabo.

Stay well!

I have to drive, but I am sure I can manage a shot.

P.S. I have about 3/4 of the bottle left from the Spring, so I think we are set for the Cabo.

Stay well!
This is a Brethren foul! He who takes the Cabo must finish before next Bash! I swear I saw the strange letters up in the corner say that once! :becky:

Thoughts are with you, Charles!

I think we should start on the Cabo earlier in the Day.
This way we can enjoy it all day!!
I mean who doesn't enjoy a nice Tequila Shot in the morning? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I think we should start on the Cabo earlier in the Day.
This way we can enjoy it all day!!
I mean who doesn't enjoy a nice Tequila Shot in the morning? :mrgreen:

If I can talk the wife into coming and driving home (or to a hotel), I am in.

Back