• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sacramento and Oxnard BBQ?

markdtn

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Going to be in California later in the week. Is there any good BBQ in Sacramento or should I try something different? According to Google, Lucille's and Sandra Dee's are the best BBQ in town.

How about Oxnard? Looks like Quincy Street and CJs are the top rated BBQ. Any recommendations there?

Any suggestions for good eats in these places? Non-BBQ suggestions are also welcome. Thanks!

Lucille's is a chain, so if you're looking for something truly local, I'd pass on it.

Being about 90 minutes away, Im not super familiar with Sacramento. I have made it up to the Buckhorn Grill in Winters, CA which is a great place for some beef, especially tri-tip. That's about a 30 minute drive West of Sacramento. A place I've wanted to try in Sacramento is called The Squeeze Inn. It's a Burger Place featured on Triple D that looked good.

If I hear of any good BBQ up there I'll let you know.

Mo Mo's Meat Market is rated pretty high, but I haven't ever been there.

Also, wanted to clarify, there is a Buckhorn Grill in Sacramento that's part of a chain of Buckhorn sandwich heavy restaurants. Completely different than the Buckhorn Steakhouse out in Winters.

Here's a review for Cask & Barrel. It's new, sounds interesting but I haven't been there.

I work near Sandra Dees and eat there at least once a month, but I usually go for their wing plate and fried oysters. The greens and RB&Rice are awesome. I found the meat to be a little on the dry side.

I've only eaten at Mo MO's one time and my hot links were very good.

Be safe in your travels.

Well it didn't work out. First night the customer took me out. Second night I was at the airport. Third night I was too full from a big lunch to eat much of anything. Thanks for all the suggestions. Maybe next time I am there.

Back