The Loneliness of the late day Brisket

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Bride has Bunco tonight. Just me, my elderly mini schnauzer and smoke. Drive all over town- well I was within a couple square miles but multiple stops-and located a decent brisket. Fire going with a hickory-mesquite-oak blend. Brisket moderately trimmed and seasoned with mostly John Henry Mojave Garlic. However I deposited about 1 inch each of Sucklebusters Texas Brisket Rub and Albukirky Green Chile rub into about 5 inches of the JHMG. Remainders of bottles get merged around here.

Last edited:
Tuned in!! Will that be for tomorrow's dinner? How long are you planning for that bad boy to take on the Primo?

I'm hoping it'll be done by 11pm. I bet it is. I'll wrap at 4 hours. We chop it all up and mix the flat and point and store in quart freezer bags. It doesn't last long. Tonight may be Udon noodles with veggies and spring or egg rolls or a taco salad.
Something out. Even I tire of my own cooking at times.

Of course my question is, where did you finally find a decent brisket in the heart of beef country?:shock:

Lookin' good Adams. I like your idea of combining the last bits of dry rubs too. Definitely going to try that. Thanks!

It sure looks good. Wrapped like a burrito in foil at 4 hours. Going to try to catch all the juices as I am chopping it all together. Now. It's not drinking alone if Im drinking with y'all---- and my dog.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Sounds like my evening but I had a cute blonde here with me... Ali my lab. :)

I also had udon noodles but in Pho, good stuff!

Sounds like my evening but I had a cute blonde here with me... Ali my lab. :)

I also had udon noodles but in Pho, good stuff!

Pho sounds good. I love soups and stews. I had a fishing guide in Montana this year and every day in addition to shore lunches he brought home made soups. Really was nice as often times it's a store deli cellophane submarine sandwich a dirty mustard packet and checkout counter cookie. Which honestly is not bad-if you're quite hungry.

This guide I had 3/4 days. Home made smoked chuck chili, home made ginger snaps. A grilled sirloin and a smoked chicken noodle soup.
All that to say this. He used tortellini for his noodles. The kind you find top shelf stuffed with Parmesan some made from spinach. Was really good. He told me he adds those to his home made Mac n cheese too.

Last edited:
It sure looks good. Wrapped like a burrito in foil at 4 hours. Going to try to catch all the juices as I am chopping it all together. Now. It's not drinking alone if Im drinking with y'all---- and my dog.
Cheers.

I'll have one with ya sir------ here's to ya!!!!

Back