Guess what this is going to turn into.

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Harris Teeter had a sale on cheese 5 for $9
Kroger had a sale on cheese 8oz block for $1.99

I bought a bunch......

dGA4Xg2.jpg

5 block of Colby Jack, 3 Blocks of Vermont Cheddar, 2 Blocks of New York Cheddar, 2 Blocks Extra Sharp Cheddar, 3 blocks of Pepper Jack, 4 blocks of Mozarella, 7 blocks of Colby, and a 16oz block of Sharp cheddar a friend dropped on. 13 pounds of cheese!

I smoked them last night for 4 hours using my A-Maze-N smoker with apple and cherry wooddust i got from EastCoastSmokinWood. It was late last night, so I zip locked them and into the fridge. I'll post more pron tonight of them vacuum sealed.

Last edited:
The bad thing is, I think half of these blocks are already spoken for. I need to get more and do another big batch.

nice! I need to get into gear and smoke some cheese, too, now that it's cooling down a bit. Makes nice little gifts, too.

Make sure to cook it until it is probe tender and not a specific temp. :mrgreen:

How long do you boil it for?:becky:

This is a cheesy thread!
I wonder what the check-out girl is thinking when you can't even go in the express lane w/ all that cheesy goodness.

This is a cheesy thread!
I wonder what the check-out girl is thinking when you can't even go in the express lane w/ all that cheesy goodness.

She gave me a strange look. I told her that I was going to make my own smoked cheese, she gave me an even wierder look.

Great Haul...love smoking cheese both cold and melting it from one level to the next in smoker.

Didn't I see this post last year/

It is almost that time of year for the annual cheese smoke - I prefere to let it get a bit colder here!

And of course November is smoke everything month!

She gave me a strange look. I told her that I was going to make my own smoked cheese, she gave me an even wierder look.

Did she ask if you wanted crackers with it:becky:

Back