infrared magic

I guess this might be overcooked.. Sorry was enjoying the CCB beer. :)

The steaks look great, but I'm thinking you could get the same results with a gasser, correct?

The steaks look great, but I'm thinking you could get the same results with a gasser, correct?

No sir.
Something about 1000+ degrees and the no flair up that makes this different. I believe the wavelength of the heat is the key.

I would be inclined to believe you could get the same results from glowing lump coals..and to be 1000 honest probably a slightly better taste.

BUT the convenience of the IR...and ease of use.

No sir.
Something about 1000+ degrees and the no flair up that makes this different. I believe the wavelength of the heat is the key.

Not trying to get into a pissing match here but after looking at the char marks on your steaks I think I could get a better looking steak off my old weber genesis gasser. I cooked them for years on that before I started using charcoal. I called them my 8 min steak.

I tink you sid over cook them... Send them here and I will dispose of them in the approved manner...:-D

I would be inclined to believe you could get the same results from glowing lump coals..and to be 1000 honest probably a slightly better taste.

BUT the convenience of the IR...and ease of use.

It is a good looking steak-I would definitely eat that!, and IR is really neat, but you said it yourself that coals would have a better taste. With my weedburner to start the coals, I can be cooking in 15 minutes and coming off the grill less than 15 minutes after that. It almost takes that long to set the table and make the sides. I'll stick with my coals, but thanks for sharing.

Looks good - I agree on the coals. I get to drink many good beers while the camp fire builds enought coals to make a coal tunnel.

Of course I don't have that much time always.

I would eat that for sure!

Looks good to me! I have zero experience with infrared, sounds convenient.

Looks good to me! I have zero experience with infrared, sounds convenient.

If I am not mistaken, the IR mimicks the same wavelength of heat that coals burn at - which is the most effective for searing meat. Hence they both "glow".

You hit the nail on the head, its super easy, super quick, and cheap to run. A typical tank lasts 6 months.

I have a half blue flame, half IR solaire. So I can still used blue flame but rarely do it. Veggies on the IR are the bomb. Chicken wings are about the only thing I grill on blue flame..

Back