Commissary Ideas

kghart

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I've moved in the last year and would like to find a new commissary. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to invest in a mobile commissary at this time so I need to find a HD inspected kitchen to rent.

Do any of you have suggestions for finding a commissary?

Talk to the local health department. They may have a list of places that rent out their kitchen

Try local fraternal lodges (Freemason, Elk, etc.). Many will have a commissary permit and rent the kitchen out for the income.

commissary

Try local fraternal lodges (Freemason, Elk, etc.). Many will have a commissary permit and rent the kitchen out for the income.

I tried the lodges around here, and I am a member of all I tried, Moose, Elks, VFW, the answers I got was the same for all, they were all afraid of the liabilities with food cooked and coming out of their kitchens that they werent involved in. I tried to show my liability ins., but I still got nowhere, and I do understand their position, with all the sue happy people now.
Try local restaurants, or Craig's list, and check on a temporary permit from the HD.

Look for a place that is seasonal or open limited hours. May check with local churches. They may be licensed or can be.

Another option is restaurants that do not do an all day business. Some places that specialize in breakfast, or breakfast/lunch, or just do dinner will be willing to lease out space.

Back