Wedding menu options?

Bushmen's Smokehouse

Reaction score
I am new to the whole catering gig. I have been contacted to do a few weddings ranging from 50-200ppl.
I have been offering the following:

Protein:

Pulled pork
Ribs
Brisket
Chicken drumsticks

Sides:

Baked potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Country potatoes
Corn
Baked beans

Salads:

Coleslaw
Caesar salad
Spinach
Macaroni

I am feeling like I may not be giving enough, or the right options. I usually have them pick two two sides, two salads, and a protein or two.

Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are you getting requests for other items? Are you having a problem closing on events? If not then it looks ok to me. You might add a phrase stating that if they would like something they don't see on the menu to ask you and you will try to accommodate them.

I agree with HBMTN, that is a solid list and a reasonable one.

About the only thing I can say, is you always want to offer the chance to customize the menu a bit. Also, include a price item for rolls or breads.

I will give the Third Thumbs Up. Unless you start running into problems signing customers go with your current menu options and have FUN!!!

I would add asparagus and french beans as non labor intensive sides. You can also offer a corn pudding and mac and cheese.

All good comments. But I'd like to suggest that sometimes, it's all taken a little too seriously. Most of us do this because we're having fun with it. It it sounds like fun to work up a new dish or two, do it. If it sounds like work, go with what you have. It's a solid menu either way.

Bu
t I'd like to suggest that sometimes, it's all taken a little too seriously.
Tell that to the BRIDE or her MOTHER.
I think you are on the right track, how about pics like HBMTN posted
about how it's all laid out? And (jealous - except for the work)
and good luck with your gigs.....

Back