Reasonable price to sell pulled pork sandwiches??

SLCMACK

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was throwing around the idea to get caught up on a few bills and thought about selling some pulled pork sandwiches. What is a reasonable price and how much pp/sandwich? Thanks for any input. Not looking to get rich, just going to pay some bills.

Depends on what you're paying per pound. In the past 12 months my wholesale prices have fluctuated from $1.35pp to $2.70pp. That's a big difference.

Don't base your prices off what others are selling for. You're the only one who knows what you have got to make to pay the bills.

The reasonable cost to pay your bills by selling pork sandwiches will be driven by the cost to make the pork sandwiches. Determine all of your costs, and add in the amount of profit desired. Not the other way around, determining what to charge for an item before costing it is a certain way to fail.

I was throwing around the idea to get caught up on a few bills and thought about selling some pulled pork sandwiches. What is a reasonable price and how much pp/sandwich? Thanks for any input. Not looking to get rich, just going to pay some bills.

I am not sure, from your post, so I will ask this very important question first.

Are you a fully licensed and insured food vendor operating out of a commercial kitchen?

If the answer to this is YES then my answer to your question will be short.

If the answer to this is NO then my answer could get rather lengthy and involved.

:mrgreen:

Back