• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

~Hinged Door for WSM~

I have the Cajun Bandit door and since I've installed it I've only had to remove it once to stir coals because ash was choking the fire and I was losing temp. Never use water and I've never had to add fuel on a long cook, I personally wouldn't have a need but looking at the pics, it looks likes you have a little acces to the lower rack.

I don't really see the need for replacing the stock door on a wsm unless it gets damaged.

Properly loaded and vented, I've not pulled my Cajun Bandit door off in years. 16 hour run time is no problem.

I had all three sizes of WSM's and ran them hard with every imaginable kind of cook you could do. I never had any kind of issue where I needed to open the door. In my opinion none of them even need a door at all.

Yes!

It would sure make loading splits into your drum a lot easier.
It's pretty easy right now, it's only if I'm spinning lots of stuff that it would be somewhat easier, not needing to stop the spin. Definitely no need for a door but If that door showed up on my doorstep I wouldn't be upset. lol

Time will tell.
Yep, also it might not be a brethren thing but I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them...for both WSM and UDS. There's enough people out there that would like to be able to have access to a door for their UDS whether it's accessing a cooking grate or to add smoking wood fuel etc...

Back