Stuck on an island: Pick your cooker

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
You won't have access to charcoal, pellets, electricity or propane etc... You'll be cooking fish, wild birds and game along with various plants/veggies.

Edit: You'll be equipped with a hatchet, knife, hand saw etc... to cut wood for fuel.

So what's your cooker of choice going to be? BTW, It doesn't have to be store bought. Ok Go

Last edited:
I would say given the resources, I would want a cinder block pit and expanded metal with the ability to hang things at different levels. You could set up to grill, smoke, potentially fry, and with some modifications even potentially cold smoke.

el_matt, I assume you would have to use the wood on the land, but under those circumstances, you could always make and store your own charcoal if that's what you wanted to work with.

So we are being dropped off on an island with a cooker of our choice but we can't bring charcoal?

If so i would roll with a custom santa maria grill of some sort

So we are being dropped off on an island with a cooker of our choice but we can't bring charcoal?

If so i would roll with a custom santa maria grill of some sort
Fuel from the land is all that's available to use.

Is this a tropical island? Or a temperate climate? Or colder? I need more info buddy!!

I'd have to go cinder block grill/smoker with a rotisserie feature. If I had to have a fabricated cooker it would be either a santa maria or weber ranch kettle. Would want a paint can to make my charcoal on the fires I use to keep myself warm.

But if I had wood cutting midget side kick - I'd have a large grill w lid - like a horizontal drum grill.

I see palm trees on this island- coconut shells are a good source of fule I like the cinder block idea

Rebar, and some wire. A hole in the ground will make a fine firebox. Hopefully there are some banana leaves around.

Back