Rock'n Ribville Lawrenceville, GA Insurance?

J&B'sBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on competing in this event? When I open their application it says they require a certificate of insurance for cook teams that are NOT vending. I've never seen this before and found it a bit odd. Our team is not insured as we do not vend and are not certified as caterers; we've never provided insurance information before. Anyone have any thoughts or info on what to do? I'm not getting insured for just one competition...

I'm pretty sure that's just for venders. Looks like they have the vender application for both the vender and the competition.

I'm pretty sure that's just for venders. Looks like they have the vender application for both the vender and the competition.

I thought so too, but if you open the PDF app you can check either vendor and compete or just compete, but under BOTH in red it states "Certificate of Insurance Required. See attached form to send to your insurance company as an example". This is not just under the vendor/competitor section.

I guess I can email the organizer, but I was going to see if someone here has already signed up as just a competitor and could shine some light on this.

Beth it is absolutely NOT required for cook teams so you don't need it. We're signed up and they made a mistake and sent an email about it to teams that they made a mistake. New organizer :becky:

Last edited:
Beth it is absolutely NOT required for cook teams so you don't need it. We're signed up and they made a mistake and sent an email about it to teams that they made a mistake. New organizer :becky:

Good! Thank you for the info :). We'll be sending in our app at the beginning of the month then. Any word on how many teams are signed up yet?

Good! Thank you for the info :). We'll be sending in our app at the beginning of the month then. Any word on how many teams are signed up yet?

I actually talked with big Jim (who's helping the organizer since they are new) in Athens and I think he said there was around 10-12 signed up and they might cap at 18-20ish because where it will be in Lville is small. And with a first year event they only need 15 to be a qualifier. I'd send it in soon :-D.

Ooh, a local event this fall I wasn't aware of. Thanks all, time to figure out how to get to this one. Looks like I'm gonna need satellite tv for college football once I get the trailer ordered :-D

Speaking of football (this is a hijack, but hopefully a harmless one), does anyone know how the cell service is at the Hawgin' on Lanier location? We're trying to think through a way to watch the UGA-Clemson game up there on the Saturday of that contest. Figured streaming with the ESPN app might work, if the cell coverage is solid.

Just found out we have to go to a wedding in Florida the weekend of this event. :sad:

Speaking of football (this is a hijack, but hopefully a harmless one), does anyone know how the cell service is at the Hawgin' on Lanier location? We're trying to think through a way to watch the UGA-Clemson game up there on the Saturday of that contest. Figured streaming with the ESPN app might work, if the cell coverage is solid.

Set up next to me cause I'm bringing the DISH!

Sweet. We'll definitely be showing up at your doorstep!

Us too!!! Actually Justin is going to watch it with his dad that day, but I think David and I are sticking around so we'll just come watch it with y'all :mrgreen:.

That stinks Eric!!! Are you going to be in Lanier in a few weeks?

Unfortunately, no. The baby will still be a little too young and no one was around to help my wife take care of two kids for the weekend. We are going to try to come by and say hello to everyone though. Our next comp is Marietta at the end of September. Are y'all going to be there?

Back