Chicken thighs

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Some may remember the chicken thighs I bought during lunch the other day. Well I cooked them up indirect on the SJP for about an hour or so using regular k and a small chunk of mesquite for smoke. I seasoned them with yardbird on 2 and bovine bold on 2 since its my first time using BB. It's good stuff but I should have used more. Sauced 2 with sweet baby ray's and ate em with some good old kraft macaroni. These were awesome and juicy.

thighs001.jpg

thighs002.jpg

thighs004.jpg

thighs010.jpg

thighs014.jpg

thighs011.jpg

thighs013.jpg

Where is a good place to find boneless skin-on chicken thighs? or did you debone those yourself?

did you get any pics of the bite marks? I know sometimes it's a bit morbid, but important. I would love to be able to master chicken thighs. To get the skin just right. I've heard of scraping fat off the inside of the skin works. braising them in butter. crisping the skin over direct heat.

did you get any pics of the bite marks? I know sometimes it's a bit morbid, but important. I would love to be able to master chicken thighs. To get the skin just right. I've heard of scraping fat off the inside of the skin works. braising them in butter. crisping the skin over direct heat.

I didn't get any bite marks pics because I didn't get bite through skin. I scraped the underside of the skin with my knife but I didn't spend too much time on it and didn't get all the fat plus its a little gross :icon_sick. It's a PITA for me and I was in a hurry. I cook thighs every so often but it takes alot of work to make them perfect. I'm still working on it :grin: I'll try the pickled pig method one day.

Back