Two New Products Coming Soon

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
April 20, 2015

Ventura, CA - I am very excited to announce our two newest products under the Simply Marvelous BBQ product line.

The Genie's Hooch - is a bourbon based rub made for beef, but the chops I made last night with it were delish!

The Genie's Elixir - are phosphates for your marinades, brines and injections. I began using this stuff in my pork injection last competition season and my pork scores went through the roof. My first five contest using this product were 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd and 1st. Bakersfield through Victorville, CA contest.

These products will be available at Big Poppa Smokers around May 1st.

Last edited:
Well, well, well.......

Looks like I'll have to postpone my reorder of the always awesome pecan till May and pick up these two goodies as well. I'm usually not a fan of pre-boozed rubs and sauces, but as good as that pecan is I have enough faith to easily make a blind purchase.

So is the Elixir different than a Butchers or Kosmos injection?

Yes, they have phosphates as well. This is injection, brine or marinade enhancement. Ready injections come with phosphates already, if you want more just add the Elixir. If you want to create your own injections, you will want to add phosphates for moisture retention.

I have not had that specific brand, so I have no comparison to draw an educated response. However, Amesphos is a trademarked supposedly custom phosphate.

I have a rub or two in the works. I am having very little time to get in the lab being with this being the height of catering season. Sit back and imagine a hint of apricot on your pallet.:wink:

Sit back and imagine a hint of apricot on your pallet.:wink:

Simpsons did it... :twitch:

apricot-jalapeno.gif

Back