Humphrey Battle Box

Tom.A

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello, I currently have a small Horizon offset smoker that I've had for about 14 years now, it cooks great but I'm sick of constantly tending the fire and the small capacity, I constantly smoke for family and friends so I need a larger and less labor intensive smoker. I've been researching insulated verticle smokers for a very long and have decided the best bang for the buck is the Humphrey Battle Box. I have read great reviews about Humphrey Smokers and feel encouraged that this will be a great smoker. They are sold locally and have the larger firebox and a deflector plate for about $1600.00. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Humphrey's with no shipping... no brainer. You won't be disappointed.

Hey bud have them on sale now pm me for details. If you want to chat feel free to call me.

Hello, I currently have a small Horizon offset smoker that I've had for about 14 years now, it cooks great but I'm sick of constantly tending the fire and the small capacity, I constantly smoke for family and friends so I need a larger and less labor intensive smoker. I've been researching insulated verticle smokers for a very long and have decided the best bang for the buck is the Humphrey Battle Box. I have read great reviews about Humphrey Smokers and feel encouraged that this will be a great smoker. They are sold locally and have the larger firebox and a deflector plate for about $1600.00. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

A Humphrey's will make you very happy, but for more room, but I would maybe consider a larger model...

I do not personally own one but have seen several up close and personal. If I were going to buy a small portable pit today, it would be the Battle Box. I have been thinking about buying one and putting it up for future use. They are very well built, reverse flow, reasonably priced and will hold full size pans. Can't ask for any more than that.

Thanks for all the replys, definitely going with the Humphrey's but now I need to choose between the Pint or the Battlebox. The most I would ever cook at one time would be 2-3 butts, 40 sausages and 1 pan of beans. or just 6 slabs of ribs by themselves. or 2 briskets and beans.

Thanks for all the replys, definitely going with the Humphrey's but now I need to choose between the Pint or the Battlebox. The most I would ever cook at one time would be 2-3 butts, 40 sausages and 1 pan of beans. or just 6 slabs of ribs by themselves. or 2 briskets and beans.

Battlebox, Pint and Down East Beast seem to share the same dimensions except hight which gives you the extra racks.

I was in the same boat. Never cooked more than 3 briskets or 5-6 ribs. I bought a cooker a little bigger just in case. 6 months later I had to cook 8 briskets. I was glad I bought mine big enough for 12 briskets. You just never know. Better to have the space and not need it than the other way around.

I have a Pint and absolutely love it. Drop whatever you have in your hands right now an go down and get one! :thumb:

I have the Battle Box, and I love it. Plenty of room for the four of us and much more. I can cook 3 packer briskets no problem. Well insulated and holds temps like a champ. I run mine with a BBQ Guru and it isn't much more work than my Yoder pellet.

I ordered a Battlebox late spring and got it just in time for summer and have been cooking up a storm on it. I usually am only smoking for a couple people normally (4-6), but did a larger cook for our Family Halloween Party (~20), and had plenty of room to cook for that many (smoked butts for pulled pork sandwiches). I guess if you were trying to do ribs for that many, you might need to get a little more creative with the space (need a rib holder to stand them up on end and I can see fitting 20-24 racks of ribs in there).

I got the CyberQ to control my temps and love it (it might be a little challenging for the average person to setup, but I'm a Unix/Linux/Network administrator, so it wasn't a problem to me at all). Love being able to just pull out my phone and check/set the temps from my couch (especially when it is snowing/raining outside, just make sure you build yourself a nice weather case for the control unit and the fan). After loading up the charcoal basket and putting in some lit coals, the thing runs itself without me needing to really do anything.

Back