• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Poor Que 2013, June 7 & 8 Montello WI

Hogtie N' Ride

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
4th Annual
KCBS Sanctioned, State Championship BBQ Competition
A Non-Commercialized Event For Pros and Rookies Alike
June 7 & 8, 2013 - Wilderness Campground, Montello, WI
* State Championship
* Qualifier for Jack Daniels and American Royal
* $75 in Prize Money. Prize money to 5th Place
* 95% KCBS Certified Judges
* Awards to 10th Place
* Water & Power to All Sites
* Showers Available

Thank you to all that made this event a great success in 2012 (45 Teams), 2011(41 Teams) and 2010 (23 Teams)! Cooks, Judges, Wilderness, KCBS, Thanks!

The purpose of the event is to promote Competition BBQ as a clean safe family sport. This is a break-even event not being used to raise funds for anything. The fees are to cover sanctioning, supplies, and the token prize money of $70 and nothing else. It is all about the Que and having an exceptional weekend with your BBQ Family.

It is our hope to get new teams to this competition and match them up with experienced teams that have many comps under their belt. If you have always wanted to take your BBQ cooking to the next level, then this is a great first competition. It is a Qualifier for the national competitions, but affordable to enter and learn how to compete.

The entry fee is $85 total which includes the camping fee for Friday night. Thus Poor Que. You can stay additional nights for the additional $30 per night.

We look forward to seeing all of you!
Anita, Tony, AJ, Amber, and Buddy
www.4amoores.com, apmoore@charter.net

Last edited:
This may just be my first comp! Close to home & family orientated sounds like the makings of a ideal 1st comp.

I believe that was the intent for this comp .Getting people out who want to try it out but either cant or wont spend 200-300 for an entry . It also seems to get the veterens out also . Wilderness Campground is family friendy with plenty to keep the kids occupied. We have cooked all the Poor Q events and they are among our favorites even tho I usually dont cook so well at them.

We'll be there.

Had a great time last year, and the year before.

Great chance for first timers to dip their tootsies in the competition pool. All the teams are eager to help the newbies however they can!

Out of town or I'd come out and play.... Play being park next to coz, play burning ring of fire turned up to 11 all night and have 10 assistants say "yes chef" alllllll night!

Out of town or I'd come out and play.... Play being park next to coz, play burning ring of fire turned up to 11 all night and have 10 assistants say "yes chef" alllllll night!

Ya sure know how to bring back those memories dont ya . :evil::evil::evil:

I did get a deal for you for Kenosha ....

Deal? I got a deal for you, show up early and come out fishing with us. Friend lives a block down 42' boat he wants to entertain us.

Had a mechanical failure and went in the drink .100+ feet of water 40 degree water .... The Coast Guard earned their money that day.

Back