Custom Weber Kettle Cart

Brad Y.

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've been looking at threads for a couple of weeks and ran across some nice ideas, but all of them are too old to respond to.

Bought a Copper OKP and decided to build a cart which was started this weekend.

Here is where I am so far:

010.jpg

Looks like a great start - I just picked up a Green Kettle myself - interested to see how your cart turns out.

I've been wanting to do the same thing for some time, cannot wait to see the final product!

About 5 hours in today. I really want this done tomorrow and to fire it up.

Yes, it's tall, about 40" to the top. But that's the way I want it. The top is 75x35.

Right now, about $235 in lumber and hardware, and about 15 hours time.

002.jpg

Question: Will the handles be sufficient to support the kettle? I have a couple of options to help in hand, but I would prefer to use the handles and rout out a channel to set them in and be done with it.

I have contacted a metal fabricator locally. Looking into a 316L sheet of stainless to cover the right side to make a prep area. He's waiting for my final dims. If he's reasonable I will go for it.

Looks great. I like your workmanship.

The handles are probably strong enough, but I'd prefer to have the kettle on its stand. You can dial in the height you want by propping it up.

I have a cart for my Cabellas smoker that's been "in process" since Memorial day. Gotta get it finished and out of the workshop before it snows... thanks for the reminder.

Gonna put a finish on it?

I'm going to stain it once the wood dries out and cures a bit. Probably 30 days or so out in the sun.

I haven't secured all of the boards on top yet as I am still pondering how best to secure the kettle other than just using the handles.

cart2.jpg

Looked at stains today. Really like the look of Thompson's timber oil Teak at $36/gal. Leaning towards that.

Back