Shhh Chilli secrets revealed.

pigville porkers

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok I am going to share finally my CHilli that has won me several awards and has won a few diffrent state chilli cooks... I would only share this with my fellow brothers.. but please keep this a secret :becky:. Who else better than you guys to share with!!!!

Ingredients:

• 4 # ground beef
• 1 # hot sausage
• 2 stalks celery
• 1 green bell pepper
• 4 onions
• 1-15 oz can tomato sauce
• 4-5 cans 16oz cans stewed tomatoes
• 64 oz v8 juice( spicy if like)
• 1.5 tsp onion salt
• 3tsp garlic powder
• 4 tsp cumin
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 3/4 stp pepper
• 1 hot pepper
• 2 Tbsp red pepper seeds
• 6 Tbsp chili powder
• 1 t oregano
• 1 t brown sugar

Directions:

1.In a large skillet, medium heat saute half of beef and half of sausage, drain and place in pot.

REPEAT UNTIL ALL THE MEAT IS BROWNED.
2. Sweat the Vegtables out in some Evoo and Butter until soft
3. in large kettle mix tomates, juice, and tomato sauce to the vegtables. then add all the spices. Slowly add meat and stir until blended. Simmer slow and low for 2 hour aprox. until thened and flavors blended.

Last edited:
ahh! Lots of cumin. Love the cumin.

Looks good. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing! I will be giving this a try as soon as the weather gets a little colder.

i missed the V8 juice before and added it, and the sautee of the veg....the liquid I always add to desired thikness of chilli I like,

Last edited:
Thanks for the recipe. I broken down and made our fast batch last weekend. I usually use the 2 alarm kit, but will be trying yours soon.

Looks great! I'll have to give this a try.

Thanks for posting!!:thumb:

thanks, I will give it a try!! Got a bunch of elk meat and sirloin tips I need to get rid of lol.

Thanks for sharing this, it sounds great. I have never found a decent chili recipe that I liked nor have experimented enough with making it. I will try this out when I get a chance thanks.

:doh: WHAT?!?!? No beans? You gotta be kidding. :crazy:

Back