A BBQ Brethren Event Sept 21, 2014 Hicksville, NY Fire Dept

Last year we had the inspectors at around 6AM the cooks meeting and rib distribution was around 6:30 (later than expected but still enough time to prep the ribs)

just hoping that we get the right size turn in box this year... was a little tight last year with the smaller box...

If you are looking to come down and compete this year, please get your app is asap.

To reiterate what's already been discussed, this is a very fun, enjoyable, low pressure event. You get to interact with the public and there is a judged portion that allows you a lot of flexibility.

The entry is dirt cheap AND it's for a great cause.

I hope to see a lot of teams supporting this local event.

Eric

as of tonight 9/10 this is the updated we need to finalize the teams participating for our event by Friday 9/12 so we can order ribs for peoples choice

1- Divone Heat
2-Frank E Boys
3-Grim Reapers Smokers
4-I Like To Rub My Meat
5-Babylon Grill Billies
6-S&S Smokers
7-RxCellent Q
8-Dawg Pound Smokin Q
9-Swamp Pit BBQ
10-Kiss My Brisket
11-Shake N Bake BBQ
12- Jimmy's Smokin Hangout

Thanks so much to the teams that have registered so far, tell your friends!!

Sal,
You should receive my registration within a day or so I mailed it out Tuesday.
Thanks,
Tony
Road runner BBQ

Updated team list as of 9/13 12pm

1- Divone Heat
2-Frank E Boys
3-Grim Reapers Smokers
4-I Like To Rub My Meat
5-Babylon Grill Billies
6-S&S Smokers
7-RxCellent Q
8-Dawg Pound Smokin Q
9-Swamp Pit BBQ
10-Kiss My Brisket
11-Shake N Bake BBQ
12- Jimmy's Smokin Hangout
13- Road Runner BBQ
14-RollinGrill BBQ

a week away and I am getting tons of questions... will there be a beer truck? Who will be vending? Is there a band? Can I have a rib?... jeez!!!

Some questions will be answered in the cooks packet, which can be found at http://hicksvillehose4cookoff.com/bbq-info/cooks-packet.html

I'm sure that you can start your fires as soon as you arrive and get your location.

I believe that each team will receive 2 cases of ribs, but I'm not sure (and I'm also not sure what constitutes a case). I think that the ribs will be handed out around 5:00 or 5:30 with serving starting at 1:30.

If you reach out to one of the organizers (contact info can be found on their website), they should be able to answer all your questions.

Please be aware that I'm not involved with the organizing of the event at all, just offering them advice when asked, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Eric

a week away and I am getting tons of questions... will there be a beer truck? Who will be vending? Is there a band? Can I have a rib?... jeez!!!

Tell them that they can have 5 ribs... when they buy a book of tickets for 10 bucks. That will also let them give you their 'vote' ticket.

If you are seriously getting questions about the other stuff I'll see if I can find out.

Eric

I spoke with Brian and every team is getting 16 racks of ribs. Keep in mind that you will need at least one of those racks prior to the others for the judged portion of the event.

Eric

I spoke with Brian and every team is getting 16 racks of ribs. Keep in mind that you will need at least one of those racks prior to the others for the judged portion of the event.

Eric

Unless you have other ribs for the judged portion, right?

Rubs mixed, marinades made, finishing sauce made, meats bought... other than packing up the van and the Jeep, I think we are ready! Looks like it is going to be a great day weather wise... May the Gods of Smoke shine upon you! Peace Love and BBQ!!!

I'm probably going to stop by in the morning and I'll be grabbing some bagels on the way.

Give me a yell if you'd like me to bring some. I'm looking at 8 or 9 am.

Eric

what fun this was. the peoples choice ribs was great, with our votes going to Babylon Grill Billies and Dawg Pound Smokin Q.
Wish the island would have more fun events like this.

Back