Discussion Thread -> "Thanksgiving 2015: Brethren Style!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."Thanksgiving 2015: Brethren Style"

tdpic_zpsb082fff1.jpg

This was Deguerre's winning entry in the 2013 TD "Thanksgiving" :hungry:

As chosen by jwtseng for winning the "Caribbean Roadside Shack!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

jwtseng said:
For the next TD, let's do "Thanksgiving 2015: Brethren Style"...Show us your Thanksgiving feast sitting proudly atop your Thanksgiving table!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/20 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 11/30/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 11/30/15

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited:
Folks, don't forget that we have the Comfort Foods Throwdown running right now(which ends tomorrow) where your entries in this TD would also qualify:

Entry thread is HERE.

Our Thanksgiving Bird

This is my entry into the “Thanksgiving 2015: Brethren Style” Throwdown.

As there was just 3 of us this time and we decided to just do a chicken instead of a turkey. I wanted to jazz it up a little so I went with a recipe I’ve done before. See Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191418&highlight=Apple+sage+rosemary

I did tweak it a little as Mrs. DerHusker isn’t than fond of Rosemary so I substituted Thyme for it. Here are most of the ingredients.

I diced up one apple very fine and placed in a bowl.
1 1/2 tbsp. of Montreal Chicken rub.
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
Minced the Thyme & Sage and into the bowl and enough EVOO to make this into a paste. (Approx. 1/3 cup)

Made pockets under the skin for the breasts and thighs.

Put the paste in under the skin.

Took the leftover and rubbed the outside of the chicken with some extra Montreal Chicken.

Place it on the kamado. Cooked for 2 hours at 275.

My wife made up the table.

Here it is done.

Delicious!

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221213

Back