Storm coming--move pork shoulder inside?

AppleMan

Reaction score
We are in a drought, and I just put a shoulder on an hour ago for pulled pork. Now it looks like a storm just blew up to the North and might be here in an hour. That'd give me at least 2 hours of good smoke on the pulled pork. I've got nothing covering my BGE and I'd hate to have it drown by the potential downpour. This isn't a sprinkle but a pretty decent storm. Would moving it into the oven work? Never done that before and never wanted to...but I might be in a bind here. Any help is much obliged.

Ive cook in some heavy storms. The only issue ove ever had was a particular storm with 80+ mph winds. It ripped a cheap tent in half and turned the cookers upside-down. I was cooking on the offset...the only thing still standing.

Bring it in and finish it in the oven!

Done the same Steve but only when I have too. :)

Thanks Ninja, Norm and Bigdawg! I'll bring it in last minute. That looks like one helluva storm Ninja!!

Your cooker will probably be fine in the storm--I have used a WSM in pretty bad storms.

That said--why risk yourself and make yourself miserable. Move indoors when you need to. Put a pan of water below the shoulder in the oven, though

Back