logo

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey, Hope you guys are having a good Monday. Had some left over chicken thighs from our cook yesterday. Last night we cheated and had oven fried chicken. Tonight we're having grilled chicken, mushrooms and Potato wedges.

I have plans on building a new wood shed this week to keep wild animals off my wood............. (Please don't turn this into a woodpile thread LOL). So I'll be back up and smoking in no time!

Mushrooms
20160718_184728_zps2gct0uli.jpg

Grilled chicken. My favorite way of cooking chicken is to cook on the middle grate with my two side burners on each side on. Seems to cook hot enough to crisp the chicken without burning.

20160718_184732_zpsgivvybuq.jpg

Plated Pic
20160718_185909_zps0vkf0nwf.jpg

Good lookin thighs but im a sucker for shrooms and yours look great. Nice cook

I'm loving it!
On a side note, cooking this way doesn't cost much.
I'm thinking about $3 per plate, maybe less.

Thanks everybody. It was a good dish. Surprised myself because I suck at cooking chicken this way! But once I bought my smokers I haven't touched the gasser. So I returned to the gasser with a whole lot of cooking knowledge from this forum.

I want to cook some BBQ in the smoker. I love running the vertical offset. Just been busy. The gasser makes up for it a lot!

I'm loving it!
On a side note, cooking this way doesn't cost much.
I'm thinking about $3 per plate, maybe less.

I agree per plate its not very expensive. I tend to fill my plate since I normally eat a big meal in the evening. So add an extra dollar or so for my plate :laugh::thumb:

Looks great!!

Still don't understand the hate people get for using their gasser on here. I put out great food on mine and its so convenient. First thing I did was run a Ng line when we bought our first house 2 years ago. Great looking chicken!

Looking good brother. I love my gasser too. I fool people who swear by charcoal on a regular basis.

Do you add liquid to the mushrooms or do they create it themselves? Looks like a great weekday plate.

Still don't understand the hate people get for using their gasser on here. I put out great food on mine and its so convenient. First thing I did was run a Ng line when we bought our first house 2 years ago. Great looking chicken!

I didn't know there was hate on the forum for using gassers... If there is hate on using gassers on the forum then this should show them that gassers can create good food. After all I think q-talk is for BBQ grilling and all outdoor cooking!

Looking good brother. I love my gasser too. I fool people who swear by charcoal on a regular basis.

I am so glad I didn't sell the gasser once I started making BBQ!!! I had an offer of 100 bucks and was close to taking it at the time. I have cooked on the gasser at least every other day since I pulled it out of the dirty hole and cleaned it up!

Do you add liquid to the mushrooms or do they create it themselves? Looks like a great weekday plate.

Mushrooms consist of a lot of water so it provides its own mushroom juice. Makes for great mushroom gravy too. I first started the mushrooms on the grill grates without the foil. Once they started to get soft my chicken wasn't done so I threw them in foil to steam while the chicken cooked. I did however add butter once I put them in foil.

Back