Kids birthday party ideas

mattybbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
1pm Saturday kids birthday party. Say 25 adults, 25 kids. I'm struggling to think how to get brisket or pork shoulder done by so early without staying up all night. Any better ideas? Last year I did short ribs for a little smaller group. Plenty of space in the Shirley ;)

Last year short ribs
image.jpg

I would do chicken drumsticks. You can cook a lot in a relatively short amount of time and who doesn't like a chicken leg?

Chicken Thighs for the kids and Pork Ribs for the adults. Sammies with fattys is also always an option.

I like the idea of ribs! Only problem is I am terrible at them. 3-2-1 method doesn't work for me some reason, they turn to mush every time . Can I just do them no wrap?

I like the idea of ribs! Only problem is I am terrible at them. 3-2-1 method doesn't work for me some reason, they turn to mush every time . Can I just do them no wrap?

I prefer unwrapped ribs. Not a fan of wrapping ribs, butts or briskets.

Good luck with your party, I'm sure what ever you cook will be great!

Smoked spaghetti and meatballs. Pull apart bread. Home made ice cream with the handles involve the kiddos in turning the handles.

Lot's of kids will take a dog or burger rather than pulled pork, ribs, brisket etc.
Maybe keeping it simple would be best.

Don't wrap ribs! Loinbacks 235-250, spares/St' Louis 275-300. Both should be done in about 4 hours, maybe a little over. Use the toothpick test to check for doneness.

Back