Rib Prep pan / tray suggestions...

hart316

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
have always used a large cutting board for prepping my ribs, but always makes a mess and juices sometimes spill over. Looking to get a tray to prep and store the ribs (after prep), before smoking, to make things a little cleaner and easier to handle.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

I use this and it works for all
13590991465_2837110ff4.jpg
[/url]

13590424965_b378b7970d.jpg
[/url]

I think I need to look for a large baking pan like those! I've seen those restaurant food prep bins, but those are too big.

A "full sheet" cake pan can be bought at a restaurant supply house for $15 or less. Works good.

Or, lay out a couple of lays of newspaper and then place one layer of butcher paper on top. When done prepping, roll it up and toss it in the trash.

E-Z Peasy ... Japan-easy

Those look great! Do you find any issues putting them in the fridge? Just wondering if these things would fit in the fridge while the ribs soak up the rub?

I saw something like this at the local Sam's Club, but the cost for a pack of two was pretty high, especially if I only need one at this time.

Thanks,
These are all Great ideas!!!

I use aluminum sheet pans, 1/2 and 1/4 size and the biggest advantage is the fact the metal gets much colder. I'll even pre-chill them for certain things like when grinding meat. They are also good when transporting hot stuff or if you need to go into the oven for holding, and of course you can use them as a drip pan or with a rack in your smoker (I wrap them in foil for easy clean-up.

1Jzs77S.jpg

AJijFHY.jpg

syMEJ.jpg

I also have Cafeteria trays in both standard and oversize these are nice and are easy to clean up.

pkVPQUv.jpg

The great thins is..... Both the sheet pans and the cafeteria trays will accept the plastic flexible cutting boards, so I'll often do my prep that way so any liquids are contained

The deeper bus trays are handy for bulk meats, sausage and the like.

DXo8J.jpg

Go and git yerself a full-sized baking sheet at the local restaurant supply company, then select a large cutting board that will fit inside. You still have full access to the cutting board, and all the juices, slop, etc., stay contained.

I especially love this set up when carving nice, juicy, smoked turkeys for Thanksgiving.

Half sheet pans are awesome. cheap, racks for them, fit in my dishwasher.

Full sheet pans are really cool as well. absolute pain it clean and store though. Doesnt fit in the dishwasher, barely fits in the sink.

Back