Storing and Transporting cooked holiday meats!

BBQ_Bird

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So I've got a bunch of requests for smoked meats for peoples holiday gatherings. This will be my first time smoking and delivering. What do you guys recommend for keeping briskets, pork butts, ribs, half chickens, etc moist and tender between the time they are done, and the time I pass them off to the customer? At home and in my food truck, i generally wrap brisket in butcher paper to rest, pork butts in foil, and I've never really had ribs to rest for a long period of time, but was thinking maybe Saran wrap?

And should I deliver in and provide a Styrofoam cooler or something to keep it warm?

I've successfully wrapped cooked meats in several layers of foil, rolled them up in multiple beach towels, and stowed them in coolers and held them until needed or for delivery.

For example, I goofed up this Thanksgiving an finished a 10 pound prime rib and 17 pound turkey almost three hours too earlier this year. Wrapped and into the coolers they went...still piping hot when dinner was served!

You should post in the catering part of the forum if you have a business to get more answers in line with that type of bbq.

Back