• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2 hour crock pot meals

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Im looking for 2 hour crock pot meals that i can cook at my cubical at work. I have a 3 qrt crock pot at home and some empty turkey bags. Im looking for some quick meals that i can make in the crock pot that only take 2 hours or less. Oh, and does the brethren site have a general cooking discussion area?

thanks

Isn't the whole purpose of a crock pot to cook at low heat for a long period of time? I don't know if it's possible to cook something in a crock pot in two hours.

Isn't the whole purpose of a crock pot to cook at low heat for a long period of time? I don't know if it's possible to cook something in a crock pot in two hours.

so true!

haha

but there has to be something that can be cooked in 2-3 hours in a crock pot. I wont say ribs. Even though i have had some good ribs from a crock pot. im not to picky bout food because i live off of raman at school and work. So crock pot ribs are better than raman. ANYWAY. haha. im not wanting this to start a rib war with crock pots.

It might be able to warm something up in that time that has been cooked. But I bet it wouldn't be very hot.

It might be able to warm something up in that time that has been cooked. But I bet it wouldn't be very hot.
dang, looks as if my idea may not be workin out for me. I might have to go the pre cooked route and heat it up, but a microwave can do that. haha. i only work a 5 hour shift so 4 hours max. haha

tobad there is not a portable grill option i can use at work inside the building. haha

That would be a sight. The sizzle of a George Foreman grill plugged in at your cubicle. Or a hot plate and a cast iron skillet.

That would be a sight. The sizzle of a George Foreman grill plugged in at your cubicle. Or a hot plate and a cast iron skillet.

yes, yes it would be. haha

i used to have a 10x10 office, now im in a 4x4 cubical. sigh!

I hope you have some understanding cube mates. I know some of the food that comes of a crock pot can be mighty tasty but smelling it all day long can drive you a little mad.

For awhile when we would cook a chicken my wife would throw all the left over pieces in a crock pot to make a great chicken soup. Ultimately we moved the crock pot to the garage.

You might be able to cook for the next day.

LOL

fil

You might be able to cook for the next day.

LOL

fil
I agree in a way..... Take any of your standard crock pot techniques, start them at home, take it to work, time the whole process out to where it gets done about lunch or dinner time. Feed yourself and and your co-workers and then your are the favorite person in the office.

Last winter I seared some pork stakes on a large George Forman grill, then put them in the crock pot. I probablly slow cooked them for 3-4 hour in the crock pot. I slill use the crock pot to make them tender, even in the summer after I grill them on the weber. Just did some last week. The porksteaks in St Lois are 1/2 sliced center cut pork butts. They have been pretty cheap, $1.80 per pound. I have been freezing some for winter.

Buy a electric pressure cooker,, i bought a couple of months ago best thing since slice bread

freeze some good Q and thaw it in the microwave. that way when the smoked smell takes over the office, everyone is staring at their salads and fast foods and wishing they were you

start the crock the night before and plug it back in at work

Yup.

Our crock pot HIGH setting gets pretty darn hot, so I suspect you could cook something in 2 hours.

We've always either added pre-cooked meat or let it simmer for several hours.

thanks for the replies guys. soory for my late ones. i was at families house. Yeah what started all this is a worker on another account had his crock pot with a turkey bag liner and in the turkey bag was uncooked pasta, sauce and pre cooked meatballs. That made me think, since im here for 5 or so hours, it would be nice to have a good dinner.

tahnks

Back