Our hobby in jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

htrisna

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Brothers and sisters of smoke, treasure this passion of ours cause there will be a day that we won't be able to burn wood no more.

Texas Aggies used to spend so many logs in their giant bonfire each year, quite wasteful if you ask me. Now they are banned. Because of the accident of course.

Aaron Franklin, the leading bbq restaurant in America, is about to lose his right to burn wood inside Austin, TX

http://www.iamatexan.com/2015/07/25/21austin-city-council-votes-to-ban-bbq-restaurants/

Pinellas County officials are harrasing residents from barbecuing in their own yards.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207293333714976&id=1333976402

Get ready folks ...

Last edited:
Saw that. On the one in Florida the area is a bastion of liberals and apparently the guys next door neighbor is an ass. Even the guy in the video will pervail. The police and fire department told him to cook away. The neighbor had to make three calls before that city worker came out to his place.

Austin is the most liberal city in Texas, so the same situation exists. They dont say "help keep Austin wierd" for no reason.. Aaron will prevail I think.:thumb:

Aaron's place brings in a ton of secondary revenue for the city of Austin, as well as being a top draw to Austin. Doing anything that might reduce this effect would be an idiot move.

Doing anything that might reduce this effect would be an idiot move.

Unfortunately, when you put it like that it actually worries me more! It seems at times that crazy moves happen more often than long needed common sense moves anymore.:doh:

The moonbats from Kommifornia have landed in Austin. They long for the days of LBJ. I could go on, but I will stop here in consideration of the hypersensitive.

The Austin ban truth has been covered.

The point about the Bonfire is wrong as well. As a graduate of THE University of Texas, that married an Ag, I contribute annually to the Student Bonfire held off campus. While I mock many things maroon, I respect tradition and students that are willing to work together to build something greater than themselves.

Some of you folks could stand to take a breathe, and I'm not talking about the OP that I believe posted in good faith.

I think what people need to do that buy a house in the city is read over their home owners association contract very closely before buying . that is why I choose to live in the sticks , I shoot my guns , wiz outside , have bonfires , smoke my BBQ and watch my deer come through every night .

I think what people need to do that buy a house in the city is read over their home owners association contract very closely before buying . that is why I choose to live in the sticks , I shoot my guns , wiz outside , have bonfires , smoke my BBQ and watch my deer come through every night .

Amen Brother. Ditto here.
If these kind of laws make it this far out, we're all in trouble.
I'm not far from the county line of STL county (Jefferson County) where the rules about shootin' guns, having outdoor fires and wizzing outside are very different.

As far as I'm concerned, the city and surrounding county can have whatever messed up ordinance they want to have. If you want to hug trees and cook your hydroponic tomato over an open glass range, then "rock on".
But leave those of us that want to fire up the grill, shoot guns, pee on trees, and drink beer alone.

I agree. Read it carefully. You have no one to blame but yourself if you don't. I love my HOA. There is nothing in it about BBQ, bon fires, etc. But I'm glad as heck Fred Sanford isn't my neighbor.:laugh:

popcorn.gif

You ever had a nice chill conversation be interrupted by someone who misses the original intent, and sparks a barn full of dynamites that now you don't even wanna touch it? This feels like that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back