Brisket Burgers......

Doug Crann

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Bought my first brisket today....actually a 2 pack. My loving wife Ernestina informed me that we our out of ground meat....have had a few folks suggest I try ground brisket so....one brisket will be ground and the other smoked.

How much of the fat cap should I remove prior to grinding??

Dude, burgers like fat. Ideally, you would like 30% or so. So, leave the fat cap intact. Grind it twice through and it will be awesome. Between the 1st and 2nd grind give it a manual mix up. Sounds great to me!!

Dude, burgers like fat. Ideally, you would like 30% or so. So, leave the fat cap intact. Grind it twice through and it will be awesome. Between the 1st and 2nd grind give it a manual mix up. Sounds great to me!!

I just cut the rock hard stuff out. My wife was rolling her eyes when she seen how much of the fat was left. Really need to do this when she ain't home. She carved up one of the chuck rolls we used for grinding. She took every bit of fat out of it. First time we made burgers they ended up in the bottom of the Egg, in pieces. Ended up using boxes of bread crumbs in that batch. No matter how many times I explain to her that the fat serves a purpose she just refuses to accept it.
Hope I did not take to much of the fat out. Going to grind a bit and make a patty frequently. I thawed some bacon....just in case..

Back