THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Lighter-Fluid

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bill
It's Spring like weather here in the South, should hit 78 degrees. In honor of our ice bound brethren I decided to put a couple of racks of full spares on to smoke while I do yard work in shorts and flip flops.

Rubbed and ready, Weber dry rub, membranes scored thanks to Adams. (If these suck I'm blaming him). Stubbs to start, oak splits for smoke. Modified Johnny Trigg to follow.

Attachments

• ribs1.jpg
    ribs1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 229
Those look great. Can't wait to see them sliced. Has taken my mind off the 33 degrees outside of Chicago, which is sort of like spring time weather too haha.

Those look amazing! I'll say this, I'm very surprised with the Weber dry rub. Looks like the same stuff I have. Think its just called Weber Dry Smoking rub. Amazing flavor for something that can be picked up at wal-mart!

All the major food groups there!
I prefer full spares.
You said you scored the membrane rather that pull it.
Seems more simple than the slippery tug of war.
Notice any difference?
It was, I usually don't pull the membranes but will score them from now on. I did a diamond score and they were not even noticeable when you bit the ribs.

Did you notice the membranes?

Not at all.

Great feed with the Grand kids, Life's pretty good hey?

Nothing better Titch. Only 2 were here for the day. 2 more, 2 year old twins, live nearby and the newest in Texas. They were all here for Christmas though!

Back