Roll Call. Inside 30 days. GBC BBQ Throwdown (Young Harris, GA)

hogzgonewild

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
According to Bobby Brumley on Facebook, we BBQ'ers have sold out both the Brasstown Valley Resort, and the Ridges Resort, and a lot of the rooms at the Ramada. There are 33 teams signed up for the competition and over 250 coming to the GBC banquet.....soooooo, Who's coming?

We will be competing with Right on Que as Superior Smokers, hopefully to get some awards on these two new SS-One smokers!

Smoke Me Silly will be there looking to start off the BBQ year.

I'll be there as organizer for a GBC contest. Also the entire Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse team will attend for our yearly team meeting. Not cooking in the contest though - we'll be enjoying having the weekend off just to socialize and relax as this is the first Banquet where we're *not* cooking for the judges class.

Definitely looking forward to toasting our friends by the fireplace at 3am!

can't wait. Just start pulling beer out of the cellar for the weekend.

I dont know if anyone else is interested in a bottle share, but I plan to bring several bottles to share.

If you are coming from out of state, bringing some local brews would be a very cool thing to do.

I'll be there Saturday morning thru Sunday afternoon, Phillip.

Yes, I'll bring you a jar.

Personal request for all the cook teams:

A dear friend of ours is battling brain cancer and is undergoing chemo and radiation. Red socks are her good luck charm for radiation and chemo. She's coming up to the event on Saturday (betcha can guess where this is going).

If you have some and wouldn't mind, please wear red socks on Saturday. It would mean a lot to our friend. I'll have a few new pair if you don't have any and want to help.

Thanks

We'll be there Friday and staying through to Sunday. "We" are 14 judges who have turned this into an annual gathering. We have two cabins rented and most of us are not judging this weekend. We're there to offer our help and support as needed and if not needed well then we're there to socialize. And drink. And eat. And Socialize. And drink. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Julie

Back