Had an idea for a chef's choice entry Need just a little help

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok so here is the deal. I have a great idea in my opinion for a chef's choice entry but I really want to keep it on the down low because I really feel it will be good. So if there is anyone that would be willing to give their input in PM that doesn't live in PA then I would love to send you my idea and probably some Pron of the cook later tonight as I plan to throw them on soon to try it out. I already made it just have to cook it. No offense guys from PA but I just want this to really to be on the down low outside of my area. I just ask that you be willing to give an honest opinion and not share this with others. Thanks for all your help.

I wont tell ....:twisted:
Ok the evil smile makes me nervous but I doubt you are going to be at the contest I have this idea cooked up for. Its not going to be for the one in VA. I send you a PM and probably a couple pictures just let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions feel free to say. The final product pictures I will send you later tonight. Thanks.

I take back the advice I gave about knives. Those kiwi knives are MINE. ALL MINE!!! Oh, well nevermind, you can look at them since you won't be at a contest in my area.

Hey, I had an idea too but I'm not telling you!

How's that feel...huh? :-D

It's like the best idea ever too.

Wait...I forgot what it was.

Dang it, I wish I would've told you.

I'm kidding of course, but now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I say that to my wife all the time, I try to never rely solely on my few remaining brain cells. :tsk:

I wont tell ....:twisted:

Hey 'mon,

Thanks for the PM last night, and for putting the info together so nicely (and fast). The Paypal link you gave me wasn't working though. I'm gonna make a fortune with that recipe :heh:

Competition_Barbecue_Secrets.jpg

No ones going to steal your idea.

I might.

After all, I've only been competing for 8 years and lack the ability to come up with a chef's choice entry on my own...or with the wife's help, she's really the brains of the operation.

As a fellow Pennsylvania Brethren, I'm not sure if I should be insulted that my integrity has been challenged...but I guess that's for another thread. Where is that Penalty Box anyway?

Shrimp and grits seems to be the dish to beat around here. I haven't done a chefs choice or anything but in a while. We did a version of the Luther burger that did ok our last time we tried it.

This has won us some money.

Attachments

• 20140822_182534.jpg
    20140822_182534.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 268
No really I think it is a good idea. Ok so maybe keeping it under wraps is a bit mean. Alright fine I will share since you guys have all been helping a lot and putting up with my insane pursuit of getting ribs right. Truthfully as long as I don't get last this year that's all I can hope for. So I was really tired and sometimes my best ideas come to me when I am well past the time I should be asleep. I am going to cook a hot dog. Filled with jalapeño creme cheese and cheddar cheese wrapped in bacon basted in blues hog bbq sauce. I think it's a great idea. A spin off of the atomic buffalo turd. The pic is of it not cooked yet as the weather has been insanely cold. It will probably be on a bun of some sort.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 162
Wrapping something in bacon doesn't always make it better. A hot dog wrapped in bacon is still a hot dog. You are overthinking everything. Do what you were taught in the class you took, and you will do fine. I am done giving advice to someone that doesn't take it.

Back