Weber Q1000 fuel usage?

Ol'Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but my better half just got her a Q1000 today, curious as to how long the 16.4 oz coleman fuel cannister will last, to be used for grilling only. Thanks

Nothing to be embarrassed about, I love my Q120 (now the Q1200) for tailgating. It's typical Weber quality.

A canister will last about 2 hrs on high for me. Extended time at lower temps of course.

I wonder if the propane cylinders in the plumbing department have more fuel in them? Same thread and safeties as the colemans

You could always get a little 5lb propane tank and an adapter hose if your concerned about running out.

I love my little Q for tailgating. I found that it was too much trouble to worry about having enough gas in the disposable propane bottles. I got a little refillable tank, (maybe 5lb?) and now I am very happy not having to worry about having enough gas for an picnic or tailgate. The little Q performance does benefit from a 10 to 15 minute warm up so having plenty of gas is a good thing. The small refillable tank costs almost as much as a full size tank but the convenience of the lighter and smaller tank is worth it in my experience.

Back