Texas Mega-Bash - Sat Oct 17th @ Belton Lake

Looks like I can make it after all. No wifey in tow so it will just be me. Sign me up for bringing some axis deer/hog sausages. Anyone have any room for me to throw a few on?

Also I will be bringing some venison backstrap. Probably butterflied,stuffed wih cream cheese, jalapeño, and wrapped in bacon. Is anyone direct grilling or should I bring my kettle?

Wow this is getting confusing. :crazy:
We are prepping for cooking at the Jefferson Eggfest this Saturday.

And at the same time, prepping for the Texas Megs Bash in Belton.

I guess it just boils down to which pile and when to load up!!

Who gets the Rum and which pile do I put the Bourbon in?????
:faint:

Rum for Jefferson, bourbon for Texas Mega-Bash.

Hmmmm . . . Mapquest says 2hr 56min (162.1miles). Gotta factor in a stop for kolaches.

ETA 0930-1000.

Seems we made a dent in the bottle of Bourbon at the Jefferson Eggfest. But I believe we stil have plenty left. And there still is a full bottle of rum.
We all had a great time and now we need to get ready for the Bash.

My son Brian (Totally Basted) will not be able to attend due to mid-term clinicals so I was wondering about car-pooling with somebody from the DFW area.

My son Brian (Totally Basted) will not be able to attend due to mid-term clinicals so I was wondering about car-pooling with somebody from the DFW area.

Check with Dave A about riding with us. Not sure what time he is planning on being at my house, but it will be early (at least you and I live pretty close). I don't think there was anyone but the two of us in the truck.

Gonna be bringing my free sample of Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub that I received today from Mike at Oakridge BBQ. Smells incredible and looking forward to using it on some tri-tip.

Thanks again Mike!

Carne_Crosta_Steakhouse_Rub_Front.jpg

Back