Douglas GA. B O T B

HONCHO GREGORY

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Last yr I think there were 167 teams, And $60,000 in prizes and cash
Anyone going,,,One of our sponsors is lookin in to a tour trip.
Anyone intrestred. from the WNY area,,,,

We hope to be able to get down there again this year. We had such a good time last year.

Interesting. Douglas with $60,000 prize money the same weekend as Talladega with
$50,000 prize minimum... Where to go, where to go........ Both are expecting 150+-
teams. I wonder if one takes teams from the other?

2009 NBBQ help needed

we are going back also.
Anyone looking to cook is appreciated as our friends are cooking against up in both the invitational and the open this year.

We hope to be able to get down there again this year. We had such a good time last year.

we are going back also.
Anyone looking to cook is appreciated as our friends are cooking against up in both the invitational and the open this year.

Nancee,

So when is the event?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

BTW.. your Whole Hog was superb in Norwalk...

YOU would LOVE this contest!!!

Its Halloween weekend. Friday and Saturday (also known as FLA V GA) flights are ATL or JAX...talk about southern hospitality!!!

Nancee,

So when is the event?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

BTW.. your Whole Hog was superb in Norwalk...

Its interesting. KCBS has more of a foothold in N Georgia and then in Florida. In the
center of THE state (yes, that would be the original penal colony; GA) MIM/MBA has
pretty much ruled. The KCBS teams in N Georgia would travel to this cookoff and
compete against the Fla guys (who tend to win it). This year there's now a huge
KCBS cookoff in Taladega, which is actually a few hours closer to the N Georgia guys..

Has anyone seen them (Taladega) draw teams from the Douglas cookoff?

I'm right between the two, so to me there's not difference, other than free Nascar
tickets...

I bought a trailer from a manufacturer in Douglas, GA (Lark United). They are refusing to repair a mold issue with the sealant. I have thought abt bringing it down and parking it in the area with some LARGE signs on it..... :rolleyes: and then send them invitations to come on out and get some BBQ.... and make sure the table is right up next to the trailer with the mold infested sealant.... :biggrin: :twisted:

Sounds like fun, but that weekend is already spoken for, so guess I will have to pass. Good luck to all that go.

Anyone else heding to Douglas. We will be there.

Looking to see if anyone wants to do a potluck the first night.

We're invited for 2010 for the American Royal Invitational win. I'm putting it on the list for 2010.

wishful thinking...

I am having some issues getting down there this year. Anyone have a pig roaster or other gear we can borrow so we can fly in? I will hate to miss it after all these years plus we will have to let some good friends down which really sucks...
thanks
nancee

Its interesting. KCBS has more of a foothold in N Georgia and then in Florida. In the
center of THE state (yes, that would be the original penal colony; GA) MIM/MBA has
pretty much ruled. The KCBS teams in N Georgia would travel to this cookoff and
compete against the Fla guys (who tend to win it). This year there's now a huge
KCBS cookoff in Taladega, which is actually a few hours closer to the N Georgia guys..

Has anyone seen them (Taladega) draw teams from the Douglas cookoff?

I'm right between the two, so to me there's not difference, other than free Nascar
tickets...

I'll be there with my good friend Red Todd, we'll be competiting in the open as "Them Damned Yankees bbq",, Looking forward to the trip down, and meeting everyone.

this is in my hometown so ill definately be there and looking forward to seeing diva and rub again as well as meeting some new brethren,ill be doing the backyard again and little raymond will be doing the kids q again.

Back