Hasty Bake legacy, what is it?

smooookin

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
about all i can find on this thing is that it is a ventless top smoker/grill.
i can buy it for 50 bucks which i am guessing would be a good deal seeing as a new one list online at 950.00.

anyone have any experience with one of these things? TIA

The Hasty Bake was one of the first (I think) charcoal grill/smoker/oven designs w/ the adjustable height charcoal pan separated from the cook surface by an angled piece of metal for the grease and drippings and 'tune' the cooker for even cooking. They are designed to be used as an outdoor oven, roaster, grill, smoker, etc.....

My smoker is kind of like a hastybake, just a little different....I think its great
smoker1.jpg

BUY IT NOW!!

Hasty Bakes are the chit! If it's in any kind of shape at all, you won't be disappointed. And they're manufactured in Tulsa!

I saw a new Hasty Bake today at the BBQ dealer. Nice. Way overpriced but nice. Not worth the $995 they listed it at. But $50...Hit it and git it! I figure it is worth not a cent more than $300 new, that is my 2 cents....

They are great cookers. I learned how to cook ribs on one as a kid... they were huge in the late 50s -60's I believe. My dad had one for the better part of 30 years. I have a model 410 - which equates to a suburban in today's model names. If you dont want it - buy it for 50 and sell it to me for $75. I'd love to have a bigger one! Or clean it up and give it to my dad to rekindle his love of them.

Bevo - NICE Southern Style Custom Cooker!!! They make a great cooker. A Hasty Bake on Steroids. I cooked our chicken on a standard lid version of those all last bbq season. Needless to say no one could believe how well built they were. you have a great unit there, man. (My grill sponsor is a dealer for them, so I got one to use for my chicken machine last year.)
My smoker is kind of like a hastybake, just a little different....I think its great
smoker1.jpg

I guess my point is, you can get a whole lot more smoker spending $1000 in other places. where?.... ummmm?

it is in Wichita right now. i told my Daughter i would buy it but just needed to figure out when to go get it. i think i will clean it up and give her a go. if i decide to sell it i have already promised Andy first shot.

Back