The Jack, recommend place to stay?

JimmyDAL

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It's our first year to go compete and would like to have a B&B or hotel close by, any recommendations? Thanks

Jimmy, if you didn't make a reservation prior to the draw, you are most likely out of luck at this point. I know last week Stephy from The Slabs had extra rooms she returned at the Baymont in Tullahoma. Good Luck. Rooms are very limited within a 50 mile range.

I booked a room in Manchester last night (27 miles from Lynchburg). About as close as you will get at this point.

Try hotels.com. There was one 17.7 miles away an Americas Best Value Inn. We stay places on the cheap. :) I love hotels.com when me and the wife traveled more often we always used it. Never had any issue with hotels.com. We had an issue with the hotel once and they upgraded us and moved us. This was about 3 years ago.

Just Booked a room at the Baymont! 10 minutes away, Thanks.

There is essentially one road to Lynchburg, and it is jammed with cars during The Jack. Don't trust what any mapping software tells you for travel time or you will surely be frustrated at how much time it takes!

There is essentially one road to Lynchburg, and it is jammed with cars during The Jack. Don't trust what any mapping software tells you for travel time or you will surely be frustrated at how much time it takes!

And watch for deer crossing the road between Lynchburg and Tullahoma. I nearly collected a large buck more than once.

If you have family going, make sure they get there early for parking. Parking is available at the high school but you can get closer. People who live close to the Jack let you park in their backyards for a price. Give yourself time to enjoy the atmosphere. Good luck!

Last year I booked a room at
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Shelbyville  it was about 15 minutes away, free breakfast and actually a pretty nice place and reasonably priced

Back