• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A Jerk On One End Of The Line ~ Waitin' For A Jerk On The Other

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
pathfinder4-1-2011001a.jpg

Yesterday was the tail end of ice-out and my first open water fishing trip for 2011. There were still some ice islands and some coves were still socked in and slushy. I kept three nice ones and will be curing them later today and breaking out the Big Chief tomorrow.​

pathfinder4-1-2011004aa.jpg

pathfinder4-1-2011008aac.jpg

Where in Wyoming? We used to fish Soda lake on opening day weekend, and half the time there was still ice floating on it?

Beautiful scenery! Nice fish, too. I've got a couple of ugly sticks myself:thumb:

Nice trout, Wayne. What bait were you using?

A #16 Royal Doughball Coachman. Heheheee.

Seriously, this lake is what we call an "orange lake". Whatever streamer, jig, spinner, Rapala, or bait works better if it's got some orange in or on it. I was using Powerbait, but trout are a really shy bite, so I rig a sliding sinker with a 4', 4# leader, then a #12 fine wire gold Tru-Turn hook.

Sometimes I only get one fish per hook because they are so light. But they are so light they will let the bait float off the bottom.

Nice fishie, wait! You killed it? Noooo!

We have a lime green lake out here I used to fish with my dad.

A snowstorm put a delay on the smoking, so I'll break out the Big Chief tomorrow when I can get some sunshine on the smoker. The fillets have been de-boned and just came out of the cure.... and will rest overnight.

DSC01588rajpg.jpg

Back