Butcher BBQ liquid injections

Smokin' Gnome BBQ

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Has any one tried any of the new ready to use liquid injections?

What are your thoughts?

does it need ANYTHING added, I see that its to be used straight out of the bottle but I hate to say I am a bit of a cynic thinking that this may be a magic bullet of moisture and flavor with no effort.

Is it really a "winner" right out of the bottle?

Thanks for looking and any thoughts on this new product.

Sal

From his quick interview on the BBQ central show, Dave said these are aimed at the everyday consumer, not so much comp guys (along the lines of "cajun butter" injection). But from what I understand it's no different than mixing the powdered injection according the directions on the bottle.

I tried some this weekend. There is enough in one bottle to inject a whole brisket and use the left over in your wrap which I did. Flavor was really good. It is not super beefy so if you like that you may need to add a little.

Sal..........you know how to cook brisket, you don't need this......your process is solid and you turn out a good product.....

Now......give it a try and let the rest of us catch up to you.........lol!!!

#TRUSTYOURBUTCHER...if David has brought a product to market you be assured it is a good one!

Has any one tried any of the new ready to use liquid injections?

What are your thoughts?

does it need ANYTHING added, I see that its to be used straight out of the bottle but I hate to say I am a bit of a cynic thinking that this may be a magic bullet of moisture and flavor with no effort.

Is it really a "winner" right out of the bottle?

Thanks for looking and any thoughts on this new product.

Sal

My experience with any of Butcher's products,is if I have a question or concern about how to use it, is just call or email David. He is always willing to answer questions or give info on how to use his products. He does have ample experience with them.

I'm sure it's a great product, like the rest of his stuff. But the second ingredient is white vinegar. Probably there for shelf-stability purposes and I'm pretty sure one of the other well-known pre-mixed brisket injections also has vinegar in it, but vinegar is not something I personally mix into my brisket injections (although maybe I should be).

I'm sure it's a great product, like the rest of his stuff. But the second ingredient is white vinegar. Probably there for shelf-stability purposes and I'm pretty sure one of the other well-known pre-mixed brisket injections also has vinegar in it, but vinegar is not something I personally mix into my brisket injections (although maybe I should be).

I use it/vinegar in my wrap, not that I know anything about brisket cooking.

I thought that previously it was recommended that the injections should be mixed as close to injection time as possible due to the phosphates supposedly not doing what they do once the heat up a little. Would seem somewhere along the road that those containers will get warm or very warm as well as cold then warm during winters. I'm sure David has thought all that through but just curious to the answers.

I actually emailed David the other week and got a response from Charlie

as far as heat and phosphates go..

No it's not bad. The only thing is if your using certain type of tenderizers. Some will become neutral and won't have the tenderizing affect. But won't hurt the phos at all

Back