Rotisserie Baby Back Ribs

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I made a rotisserie ring for the 18.5 WSM a few weeks ago & have been itching to give it a whirl.

PICT2501_zpsht9iujo4.jpg

Had a rack of Baby Backs in the freezer, thawed them, gave them a slather of hot sauce, rubbed with Memphis Dust & a light coat of Habanero Death Dust and back into the fridge for 6 hours. Fired up the 18.5 with a full ring of used & new KBB and 4 big chunks of Apple. MM start. TBS about an hour later. Direct cook. WSM at 300*. Re-rubbed the ribs, put them on the spit & gave them a spin.

PICT2504_zpslzadiquk.jpg

Had to take a look:

PICT2506_zps6jzfpbmr.jpg

PICT2508_zpsd7cralzz.jpg

The temps head steady at 300*. 2 3/4 hours later:

PICT2512_zpsjahadcyr.jpg

Oh Baby..... You know what I like!

PICT2520_zpsyo4za9fr.jpg

Were these ever good? You betcha!!! No sauce necessary. Nice crust on the outside & tender inside. Bite off the bone. Very spicy.

fwiw - could have easily fit 2 racks on the spit.

Haven't done BB's on the rotisserie, but I've done spares, and they're awesome too! Gonna have to give BB ribs a go.

some of the best BB's I've done were on a rotisserie, on the Rib-O-Lator;

riboltaor_zpsapdnxols.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! Those are some good looking ribs. That Rib-O-Lator is cool - and adds capacity.
I'm not sure that I'd want to clean it after a cook.

Thanks for the heads up! Those are some good looking ribs. That Rib-O-Lator is cool - and adds capacity.
I'm not sure that I'd want to clean it after a cook.

Thanks, yes, a bit messy clean up.
But, 4 ribs easily.
These were not quite done at picture time.

Great looking bones Robert! Yes clean up is sometimes a biatch but well worth it for the product you can get. I've been using the dishwasher for my stuff then further clean up the stainless steel with a degreaser and scotchbrite pad.... Pretty easy to shine back up after the dishwasher gets done.

Everyone is glossing over that you built a rotisserie ring, but i'm impressed. I know people do it, but i'm interested to know more. Did you put anything up on that process already? Any resources that you used? Oh and those ribs look great.

Back