does anyone else use............

rober

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
..........the water they soaked their smoking woods in. I do not usually use a water pan. It seems like it leaves the inside of my cookers with a greasy film in them. BUT-if I want an extra smoky flavor I put some of the water I used to soak my hardwoods in into the drip pan. it boils off pretty quickly but the hardwood steam made really adds to the smokiness of the cook.

I never soak my wood Dont need to use water with the Egg If doing a Turkey be careful how much smoke flavor you get or your meat will not taste good

I've never soaked wood....Now lump....Oh BABY! Boil yer food in that!
Total game changer...

-D

I never soak cooking wood or flavor chunks. It doesn't add anything to the cook. In fact, it creates dirty smoke while the water is steaming out.

I don't even use wood chips... but from what I understand soaking woodchips does not do any good, in fact it could make dirty nasty tasting smoke...

Every time it rains a lot I soak my wood.

Outside of that, give me dried, seasoned wood. :wink:

I usually save all the water from soaking my wood chips and make sweet tea with a hint of smoke

My dad does this as well he uses lighter fluid. Did I mention he does most of the cooking in the oven only to try to finish on the grill... And to top it all off he buries it in sauce and calls it bbq!

Back